iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mill pics finally!

Started by newguy, July 15, 2004, 09:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newguy

woodhaven,

The cylinders are 2" bore.  They would lift roughly 4700 lbs. each at 1500 psi. if it were a straight lift.  I have a slight mechanical disadavantage because of the geometry of the arms so I will not get that.  I haven't actually calculated the exact number I will get yet. I can increase my pressure up to 2500 psi if I need to but I plan on running 1500.
Still buildin', soon to run home brew cant. head

Tam-i-am

I think Pink would be a great color! ;)  Just ask Shopteacher he liked my pink peavey! and you could have one too! ;D  

Let me know when you get it running and I will have the guys put through a special order in pink.  :)

Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Swede

Amerika-Sågen is painted blue and red with Hammerite! I paint ALL old stuff with Hammerite, even my old car. :)

My loglifters can load  2600 lbs. at pressure 2143 psi.. Don´t think I can find many  heavyer logs here. Use two cylinders Ø 40mm x 250.mm. It takes less than 6 seconds to lift and the same time to let them lifters down. Less volume in cylinders gives faster cycle.

One day I´ll send pictures but you know, me and my old Canon camera :)  I also know some about drawing the geometry and calculating.  ::)
 Also think I´ve found out how to rotate and clamp the logs with the same tool.  8) I think............

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

EZ

Ok I give up, what's 40 mm x 250 mm in inches. The old broken down school I went to, did'nt teach me mm's. And if they did I was'nt paying attention.  ;D
We had a welding class, sawing class, grading class and many other classes, maybe we need a mm class, or did we already have it and I miss it. ;D
EZ

woodhaven

Swede,
 A 48" x 12' green walnut log weight is around 8500 lbs. I don't think your 1 1/2" cylinder would have a chance with me.
I am more concerned about the log arms bowing. I will use 2 1/2" cylinders at 2500 psi.
Richard

Swede

woodhaven;  I´ve never seen walnut here in Sweden  :) but oak logs perhaps can be too heavy for my loaders. THEN I need help from a crane or other loading equipment.
I also want Amerika-Sågen not be heavyer than 1200Kg with all the bells and wistlers. Sometimes I need to place the mill beside the logs not coupled to my VW Passat (90 hp.) and I don´t want to go to driving scool and get  license for a heavy and "thirsty" 4-WD monster.  ;D

Most wood here is softwood less than 18" in small end . There fore I need less volume in my cylinders and faster action. I do NOT need a chance...... ;) :D  but I DO like Your loglifters.

EZ; Do NEVER give up!  :) :) :) I would NEVER permanent give up counting into " and ' !  :D

1 1/2 " is 38,1mm.
10" = 254 mm.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

newguy

Tammy,

Thanks for the offer but I just can't see it in pink.  Red maybe but pink just won't work for me :D.
Still buildin', soon to run home brew cant. head

rs1626

EZ      take mm  and divide by 25.4     40 mm = 1.5748

EZ

sawmillsi

Hi newguy,

I'm going to buy a bare bandsaw in the next few months but I want a log turning and dogging system.

Yours looks good - I'm just wondering if you have drawings for your system that you would give or sell.

Thanks

Simon

Thank You Sponsors!