iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help identifying flowering trees that have become diseased

Started by Vivid00, September 07, 2020, 09:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivid00

Hello everyone, we purchased a house in Schenectady New York back in May. We have two flowering trees along the sidewalk they are approximately 30 feet apart. They were very healthy up until around the end of July where I noticed Brown spots on the leaves which progressed. Almost all the leaves are dead on the tree now. I'm not sure what type of trees these are, I thought they were pear trees as I noticed what appears to be pairs growing on them but the pink flower clusters are different. any help would be greatly appreciated! I don't want these trees to die, I'm trying to figure out how to treat them but I need to know what kind of trees they are first. I'm posting some photos of the flower blossoms back in early feeling and a few photos from the end of July showing the brown spotting on the leaves. Thanks!

curdog

kantuckid

Red Buckeye! I agree. I have a source for those nuts and planted a few but they didn't germinate? 
Meanwhile there are many "regular Buckeyes", the yellow flowered type and they come up everywhere. The red is a much smaller tree than the yellow version. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

mike_belben

No experience with the tree but my guess is the splotches are fungal.  Happens on numerous species to me in tennessee, the wetter the summer the worse it is.  
Praise The Lord

dchiapin

They also start looking like that in early fall-late summer, the leaves just get wore out

Thank You Sponsors!