iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Early Christmas for Me

Started by Radar67, December 16, 2011, 06:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

From another thread.

QuoteThe ethanol has swelled the fuel cap so bad on my POC (piece of crap) saw that I have to use a crescent wrench to get it off and on. I guess it's time to go buy that Stihl I've been wanting.

I took my POC to the shop because I could not keep it running. It would fire, but die as soon as the fuel I pumped into the carb ran out. I figured it was a carb issue and just did not have the time to deal with it. I took an older saw to the shop with it.

The shop called today saying the older saw was ready, but the newer one was not worth fixing. The tech told me the clutch needed to be replaced and the carb rebuilt. He also said it was not worth the cost of repair. That was all I needed to hear.

I made a stop on the way home with a Stihl MS 362 in my vision. The dealer didn't have one in stock. I asked about the 261, he didn't even stock that one. My wind left my sails at that point. He mentioned the MS 391 and we got to talking about it. Long story short, one followed me home. Now, time to cut some firewood for Mom. I wonder how much greif I will get from the wife when I bring it out?  ::)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Clam77

What was the POC that they said wasn't worth the repair cost??   
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

sprucebunny

Congrats on the new saw !! Merry Christmas to you  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Radar67

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

WDH

Terry,

That was a wonderful present.  You must be a wonderful guy to deserve that  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Shotgun

Merry Christmas, Terry, and good luck.    ;)

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

T Welsh

My wife hates me when things follow me home ;D Merry Christmas. Tim

DaveP

I had an early Christmas, also.  Bought an MS660.  Don't really need that much saw but, what a pleasure to run.

thecfarm

When she is nice and warm this winter she will forget.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Radar67

I had no idea there was that much difference in a saw. I cut firewood today and it only took half as long to buck it up. My forest should watch it's back... ;D

Thank You Sponsors!