iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanting to mod my 390xp

Started by hu5qvarna395xp, October 11, 2014, 09:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hu5qvarna395xp

I'm looking to mod my everyday timber cutting saw was wanting proven ideas an so.. Where I can the parts an what shortcuts... I am looking for a dual port muffler but had no luck.. If all goes well I will do my 385 also.. I have a 394 that's been worked over an ablosutly love it thanks guys!
Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

hu5qvarna395xp

Is tere any good saw builders in ohio?? Be nice if they was in se ohio
Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

ZeroJunk

Brad Snelling is in Franklin OH .

hu5qvarna395xp

Not sure that I've heard of him.. I know some of the old timers that dome it but most have passed on.. Any way to get ahold of him.

hu5qvarna395xp

Hmmmmm.... I figured you guys would be all over this

Jhenderson

hu5qvarna395xp

Done been all thru there website calling tmrw but would like someone a lot closer thanks tho

celliott

If you're just wanting a dual port muffler, buy a husky 288xp muffler deflector and 2 screws. Takes a bit of fitting, and you gotta drill the muffler and re-tune the carb, but you can have a DIY dual port muffler for less than 20 bucks.
If you're wanting a full woods port, send it out, and it'll get a healthy muffler mod as part of the work i'm sure.

Here's a DP muffler I did on my 372xp.

Brad Snelling has a good reputation for woods porting saws on a different chainsaw site. I don't know if he has a website or not though.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

hu5qvarna395xp

Yes I was wondering how to get ahold of brad he's here in Ohio where I am but haven't ha any luck tho..
Quote from: celliott on October 13, 2014, 09:40:44 PM
If you're just wanting a dual port muffler, buy a husky 288xp muffler deflector and 2 screws. Takes a bit of fitting, and you gotta drill the muffler and re-tune the carb, but you can have a DIY dual port muffler for less than 20 bucks.
If you're wanting a full woods port, send it out, and it'll get a healthy muffler mod as part of the work i'm sure.

Here's a DP muffler I did on my 372xp.

Brad Snelling has a good reputation for woods porting saws on a different chainsaw site. I don't know if he has a website or not though.

abramj

I will see Brad this weekend at a get to gether here in Indiana. I think he does fine saw work. He has a great reputation for building nice saws. The best way to find him is on www.arboristsite.com under the chainsaw forum. He is very active over there. Or google him. I don't think he has a direct number to call, but you can Pm him and he will get back with you pretty quickly.

Thank You Sponsors!