iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Marking a property line.

Started by Jeff, April 08, 2007, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

I was gonna take the 2171 along to blaze the lines.  I even had it fueled and fresh chain on it.  It's probably a good thing I decided on the axe  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Sprucegum

Good job guys  8)

Too much of that veering results in finally admiting  "VEER LOST!"   ;D  ;D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff B on April 11, 2007, 08:07:59 PM
That pin has a cap on it that has  RLS and then a number which we determined stood for Registered Land Survey.

Registered Land Surveyor license # ;) You can find out who surveyed it from that number. ;D

Quote from: Corley5 on April 11, 2007, 09:17:19 PM
Jeff and Tammy have a nice piece of ground and a good spot picked out to build a residence  8) .  Jeff has more willpower than I as I'd slick the cedar and anything else of value off it and make my money back plus  ;) ;D ;D

Then ya got a brush pile.  ;)

My grandfather never trusted a compass, so he would never use one.  ;D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gary_C

Quote from: Jeff B on April 11, 2007, 09:32:49 PM
Yep, had a hard time keeping Corley from picturing my cedar trees on a landing.  :D

I know we were not exact on blazing the line, but it really does give me a good idea now. :)  I do feel better about it.  :)

That a good job done. But Corley, now you got him scared. Should have just started with a few little bity trees and then worked your way up to a good thinning.   :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Nate Surveyor

Sounds like you managed to accomplish your plan.

It is handy to NOT listen to spacially challenged persons, when you are trying to walk in a straight line!

:)

Nate
I know less than I used to.

Jeff

I've been playing with Map quest a bit, and using their scale and photoshop came up with this photo. I have more powerline then I though if my geometry is close.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Stephen Alford

Thats got to be the prettiest hishers I have ever seen.  :)
logon

isawlogs

Is that the creek to the left of the red star that you where talking about  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Well I found ya on Streets and Maps anyhow.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Quote from: isawlogs on April 13, 2007, 04:56:54 PM
  Is that the creek to the left of the red star that you where talking about  ???

Thats Lou's driveway.' Its about 50 or 60 feet wide from tree to tree line

What the heck is a hishers?

Stephen Alford

With all the discussion on what would be appropiate signage I was thinkin  of posting HIS on the North Caribou and HERS on the South Piesley . :)
logon

Jeff

isawlogs

What the heck is a hishers?

There always a good explanation on here ... Good thing, cause I'd be so lost at times  :o :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Furby

Gotta ask...........
The pin in the NE corner, is it an actual corner pin, or is it a marking for the road right away?

Jeff

That was a matter of discussion, but by going by the properties to the east, we decided the answer was no. The road veers north, the property lines do not. There are properties on down caribou where the owners on the north side of the road, actually own small wedges of property on the south side of the road.  Lou told me that might be a matter for contention for some of those easterly south side owners one day.

SwampDonkey

Hey Jeff, the 1998 photo from MDNR shows some large cuts to the south, west and east of the property. Will post a snapshot in the 'Aerial Photo' thread. In the process of loading the Trout streams and lakes. Gotta find your fishing spot. ;D  :D :D

Rockn H

Jeff, did you ever get the property surveyed.  If so does your property line actually cross one of the roads bordering your property.  I ask because here it is possible to have the road portion  removed from your property taxes at the accessors office, but your probably in a state that doesn't have that sort of thing anyway. ???

Phorester

And the red star is.... beer joint..., ice cream stand...?

Interestingly enough, we have a bar in our town with the name of "The Red Star".  smiley_beertoast 

SwampDonkey

Just guessing here, but he's probably getting ready to ride the trails this Sept and maybe getting ready for another bear hunt? There is a large set of buildings to the west of there and off to the right is something that has moved some earth, like a pit. Where the star is probably was in reference to the road? Kinda wet ground for a ice cream stand, although I see a couple here built up on fill on the edge of a swamp. You never know. ;) Why is it that gravel pits are next to wetlands?  :D :D

Jeff

Nope, we decided that for now, there was no need for a survey. 3 lines are known, and the 4th, is of little matter at the present time.  :)

Bogie

Quote from: Jeff on April 08, 2007, 07:22:19 PM
I plan on having a surveyor do this later this year, but the one I am in contact with in the area winters in California and may not be back until early summer.

I know where two of the steel pins are for the corners of my property. The northwest corner, and the northeast corner.  The north and west sides of the property are bordered by roads, the east line is marked by what I am told is an actual survey, although probably 7 or 8 years old, on the property to the east. It is marked with some flagged chunks of conduit and cedar saplings turned into stakes.  That leaves the property line to the south as an unknown. With this information, should I be able to get pretty close to finding and marking that back line?  Lou Kurtis across the road, says he has all the stuff for running it that I can use. I'm not sure of the equipment names, but I think its a compass on a tripod that is set to the correct declination for that area, and also some sort of line measuring device that clips to your belt.

Jeff, have you ever used Goggle earth? we have found it to be very correct for measuring from a sattelite view. you do have better resolution in some areas than others. you can take a reading from your GPS and use the cordinates to locate it on the map.

SwampDonkey

Jeff's Map Quest map seems to be a better quality image than the DNR aerial photo.  ::)

Polly

;D ;D my new neighbor from way down south just bought 60 acres on north side of our property about 3 or4 months later he moved a section of original fence line which i know has been their at least the last 75 yearsabout 30 feet south of the original fence and then put up a sign no treaspassing  the only option i had was to hire a professional surveyor  i do not know his findings yet was i wrong  i stand to loose about one quarter of acre i think it is not amount of loss but the principal of the thing am i wrong :P :P 8)

Ron Scott

Why did the new neighbor move the line?? Did they have a registered survey of their property? You did right by having your property surveyed to determine the correct ownership boundaries of record.
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!