iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

are sawblades spinning too fast?

Started by Tom L, February 19, 2013, 01:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

On a circle mill, when you get the gullets too full, it hangs the saw. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

ely

it will do the same on a bandmill., if i slow up on the push the sawdust is expelled properly, if i slow too much it spills out. if i overspeed my push it will stall.
as i stated earlier, there are several varibles at work simultaniuosly, alter anyone of them and it changes the others at the same time. a person knows when his mill is running at full tilt and cutting well.

Magicman

Yup, kinda like that magic and experience working.  You can feel it when it is right.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Wenrich

I can usually tell a circle mill just by listening to it.  I don't even have to be running it.  Must be magic. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

tyb525

Equations and calculation on goes so far, then you need experience and an ear and feel for the saw. I know I developed a feel for my manual mill.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!