iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jeff and Tammy and going to visit the DEEP south.

Started by crtreedude, March 15, 2006, 07:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crtreedude

It's official, Jeff and Tammy are going to become world travelers. I know you all think the deep south is like Florida or Texas, nah, it is Costa Rica! We are a little more southern than the most of you. We even have more of an accent!

Yes, Jeff and Tammy are visiting Finca Leola S.A. of which we are very thankful.  We are paying all their expenses for them to come down and they have agreed - in spite of snakes. (Tammy said that she thinks snakes are cool - Jeff on the other hand...)

Jeff is going to have to work for it. He has to report clearly and accurately what he sees with us. No strings attached. (none needed in my opinion, we are proud of what we have done) We do this every year with someone that we think has credibility - last year it was with Ecoworld. We paid for the owner of Ecoworld.com to come down and investigate us.

Since what we are doing is a little odd, it helps us in selling trees (and other things) to have independent people come down and check us out. The person from Ecoworld checked us out environmental, social, and financially. Jeff and Tammy will be from the side of the wood business. I am also expecting to be able gather up lots of interesting information from Jeff regarding his experiences as a sawyer for so many years. Having really good advisors is a wonderful thing.

The other side is that we are looking forward to hanging out with Jeff and Tammy. Being a big shot business owner (yeah right) I have been able to figure out a way to achieve this and still write it off our taxes - life is good!  8)

Jeff is also planning on posting their experiences getting here, and their experiences regarding Costa Rica itself, not just us.  We promise to take good care of them.

The trip is supposed to be at the end of June and beginning of July. I am not sure the dates are completely nailed down yet. I am not allowed to make appointments - I tend to foul everything up.  ::)

We do have planned a piggy roast as well, we want to make sure that Jeff and Tammy feel welcome.  ;) I think soaking in the hot springs and watching Arenal Volcano spit up rocks is in the schedule too.

This should be a real hoot!  8) 8)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Dana

Congratulations! What a stand up thing to do. 8) 8) 8)
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Fred that is awesome! 8)

The only issue I see is that you mentioned piggy roast and Jeff soaking in the hot springs in the same thought train. Da man looks big, but ......... ;D :D
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

tnlogger

Fred thats some great news  8) now slack of all the logs for harold about that time so he can visit too  :D :D
gene

crtreedude

Now, now, we talked a piggy roast - not a stew!

We will unchain Harold for a bit - but I suspect Jeff will want to see him carving up some of these huge tropical hardwoods!

jerry-m

This is just great, so glad for Jeff and Tammy and for all of you down there to be able to meet and have a fine time 8)  Looking forward to  full reports on all the going ons :) :) :)

Fred ,you will have to watch Harold and Jeff or they may sneak off to do a little panning :D
Jerry

asy

Sounds fantastic!!!

Jeff, you'll have to do a blog of your trip, that would be the easiest way to keep us informed with a running diary!

Fred, do you need someone to book in to check you out next year? Know little about wood, but really want to see CR...  Is that a good enough job application???  :D :D :D (Also really want to meet you and deddy...  does that help?)  :-*

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

crtreedude

I suspect there is gold in Rio Cote - and I have a pan for panning!

Asy, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to try to get in for next year!  :D

You should pitch it as a "keeper in line of Harold" - think you are up to it?!  ::)

I think Jeff is planning on posting frequently regarding the trip up here, just like he did on the visit to Tom's.

asy

Oooh! So I got in FIRST!!!

Does this mean I get the job?!?!?!?!

I reckon I'd be able to keep Harold in line. Don't you?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sawguy21

WOW, what a great opportunity for all of you although I suspect once Jeff and Tammy have had a taste of CR they may be reluctant to return home. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Fla._Deadheader

Good thing I held off shopping for a couple of days. I will get a couple extry sacks of GRITS, so's we can welcome the guests proper like.  8) 8) :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

Wait a DanG minute - they are supposed to get a taste of the DEEP south, we don't eat Grits down here! We eat Gallo Pinto!

Boy, you try to help someone adapt...  ::)

Fla._Deadheader

Just for the record, I have 3 count 'em 1-2-3 converts to Grits.   Just gotta know how to fix 'em. 8) ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

Yeah - and how many failures?  ::) I know more than a few.  smiley_thumbsdown

tnlogger

harold dont listen to fred  :D you might need ta start a new enterpise inporting GRITS I say GRITS
:D :D :D
gene

crtreedude

I have already talked to customs and PROCOMMER - they have agreed to block any attack on our tastebuds. All I had to do is serve them grits with no additives - case closed!

tnlogger

Fred I do believe you are a closet GRITS eater and just wont admit it  ;D
gene

crtreedude

Notice how quickly we turn a thread into a food fight.  ::)

twoodward15

If you two are on here bickerin' all day then who's out in the woods cuttin' lumber?  Ya can't make nay money playin all day now.  There's gotta be something to cut down there, isn't there?????  There's no snow in the forcast.
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

crtreedude

Harold's playing hooking in Florida...  ;D AND HE STARTED IT!

twoodward15

can I come work for you?  It seems like you guys have a lot of fun.  I could use FDH's mill while he is out galavanting around.

crtreedude

Hah! I am stuck in the office working. Hector is running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep all the fincas going.

And Harold is self-employed.

If you worked for me, you would work for Hector - how well do you swing a machete?  :D

Jeff

OK BOYS, I'm stepping in here at the risk of getting grits on me!  We gotta get this back on topic, cause this here is an important developmental situation type thing! 8) People are going to think the real truth is that I'm coming down there just cause I may have said at one time:

"Do I have to seperate you two??"  >:(;)

This is going to be a pretty big adventure for Tammy and I and I bet you see her doing a lot of posting about it as well since shes so excited.

Now, I can tell you I am going to spare you a fate worse then grits. Seeing how my passport photo turned out cause we sent that away to the Department of state last week without making a copy, and I can tell you there will be NO PROBLEM getting my passport authorized because one look at that picture and they will be glad I am leaving the country. My only worry about going down to Fred's is whether they are going to let me back in.  I think I look like someone off that famous deck of cards from Iraq. :D

Now Tammy, her's turned out pretty good of course, accept she looks a little different because they make you take your glasses off.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

twoodward15

At snakes I swing it very well!!!  You want me to start swinging it at Harold?  I don't know if I could do that.  He might not appreciate it much, and then I'd have to do all the tailing while he sat in the chair running the mill.

Thank You Sponsors!