iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1994 Hitachi Harvester with Silver Streak Stroker Head

Started by lostyooper6, March 19, 2013, 12:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostyooper6

I just picked up a processor, (hasn't been delivered yet), and I can't seem to figure out what model excavator it is based on, nor can I find the serial number.  It has a cummins 4BT is 8'7" wide and weighs around 25K.  Can anyone help me find the serial number or identify the excavator it is based off of? Thanks  No pics available yet.

snowstorm

if its a hitachi its a orange john deere. they make almost all the deere excavators. sounds like 490 jd size at 25k#

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

It's got an Isuzu diesel and is supposed to be a 95 although I've never checked it out.  I will soon though as it needs a drive sprocket.

lostyooper6

I looked up JD 490 last night after a members reply to my post and they appear to be nearly identical machines.  Does Hitachi build for Deere or vice versa???  Even the Deere's din't have the Cummins.

Corley5

DigDug

DigDug

Sorry for the short answer I had to run for a minute.   I wouldnt be scared of the sumitomo , I have had a few of them and had good luck.    You say it has a Cummins so it may be branded Sumitomo or Case.  It looks red and white in picture so it makes me think its a Link Belt (Sumitomo built) , but the Link Belts generally had Isuzu power.    The Vin tag should be on outside of cab on tin plate boom side of cab. 

Logger RK

I know this is a old thread,but does anyone still run a Silver Streak CTL head?  Or know about them?My Son Tom bought one the other day to put on his Drott. I don't see any information about them anywhere 

Thank You Sponsors!