iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Recent trip to da U.P.

Started by Jeff, May 13, 2008, 05:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The chair is not peculiar to sugar shacks, is is peculiar to sugar shacks that over look a cedar swamp with a deer run on the edge. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OneWithWood

Lou is looking good.  I bet that trip had memories upon memories rolling through his head.  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

I'll post some more photos of Lou's Dad's old cabin. Like Corley said, its like a time capsule. Everything in it the way it was left.  From the Schlitz Beer can on the table to the 1977 game laws laying on the shelf.

Jeff

After being discovered a dozen years ago, something will be following me home next week.  I'll salvage what I can of this magnificent tree. The top was broke out of it when another tree crashed into it a couple years after finding it.  A couple years after that the tree died. Lou could not make up his mind what he wanted to do with it, and it was left and forgotten by everyone but me. I finally caught up with it laying along the woodline on his cousin Gary's place next to my property, where Lou had drug it out with the tractor shortly before he sold his place.

I wish I could have got it when it was in its prime. I dont know what I'll do with it, but it will tell me. :)

Walnut Beast

Absolutely cool. Keep us posted 👍

SwampDonkey

Long winter, lots of time to come up with a plan. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

I'd probably light a candle on top and give it to somebody for their birthday  ;D

Magicman

Knowing that today is Wildflower's Birthday.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Probably full of water for extra weight from laying around. I know I had to move a pasture spruce log one time that was close to 30" and 10' long. The roll was down hill. That thing was several pounds heavier from taking on more water laying in the grass. And was a wet summer. I had one of Logrite's peaveys with lots of leverage on it. I don't want to move many of those. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Not at all. I'll probably unload it by hand when I get it home. Id say it weighs around 300lbs

SwampDonkey

Eat lots of beans, need some gas for extra steam. :D :)

Tacotodd

Extra steam eh, that'll remove colon polyps, won't it?...😳🤬 ::)
Trying harder everyday.

Thank You Sponsors!