iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BIG FAT HEADS! Is there a cure?

Started by Jeff, December 10, 2008, 09:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIKER

When I look around it seems to me that it's the other end getting FAT  ::) :o:D  But that is not on TV those girls on TV sure look good to me  8) :D :o

when the stations go to all digital you may also need a new antenna  I think that I've heard...

remeber that this is really only on the BROADCAST signals not he cable or dish stuff.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Raider Bill

I bought this antenna a year ago, don't know if there's any differnce, looks like the same old thing.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

I find better weather info on the NOAA site over the internet.
Got real tired of the satelite TV Weather Channel with all the program shows about storms.
The computer has the weather when and where I need want it.  ;D ;D

Looks like 18° in Harrison tonight, and 27° tomorrow.  :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pigman

My 20 year old antenna picks up the digital signals just fine. 8) I'm like Raider Bill, I pick up more stations with digital and they are all clear. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DouginUtah

Several months ago, maybe a year or more, I know that some stations were not sending out the digital signals at full power. Things might improve when analog disappears and digital goes full power. Or maybe they already are at full power. One would have to talk to the station engineer to find out.

Digital does not necessarily mean HiDef, but HiDef requires digital.

Digital is UHF--above Channel 13. An antenna good for channels 2-13 is VHF. A UHF antenna is better for picking up the digital channels.  Some antennas might pick up both.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 10, 2008, 08:35:49 PM
I'm lost, or does your area not offer any digital signals?

Looks like your not lost from here. The reason your getting more channels is because of sub channels, where analog can't pack 4 or 10 or whatever in one station. And the reason is they are clear is because they won't display otherwise.  Where as a channel in analog can be snowy, with shadows and horizontal wavy lines and who knows what all. I have tried setting up one of those digital boxes in areas that have poor signal of the same stations I have and there is no picture, period. In analog they are poor picture, but a picture. :D

Doesn't seem like rocket science to me. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!