iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any one ever had a problem with their key/switch?

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, August 23, 2011, 03:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

On my LT40HD, the saw just started turning itself off. I have 175 hours on my mill.  It would only happen maybe once in a 30 hour period.
I mean I'd be sawing and all of a sudden in the middle of a log, it would just shut down. I'd then turn the key and it would fire right back up and I'd be sawing again.
Last month it did it twice in a 10 hour period.
Last week it turned itself off every time I turned a log. So the vibration was killing the engine from a loose wire I thought.
I checked everything I new. Nothing wrong or loose.
Then this morning I was sawing and my hand just lightly bumped the key while I was sawing......it turned off.
Cranked it back up.....bumped the key....it turned off. Did it 3 more times, same results.
Pulled the panel, checked all connections, it did it again.
Called Woodmizer, went through the routine with Mike and determined it was the key switch.
My saw is still under warranty, a new switch and key will be here at dinner time on Wednesday.
What deal Lucille. This like to drove me nuts!!!!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Log-ic

Poston, What engine do you have? I had exactly the same problem with a Lombardini engine.  There is the electrostop that cuts off the fuel line between the fuel filter and the engine.  The electrostop is activate by either the ignition key, the emergency stop buttons in the front and the rear of the machine, and the safety switches on the bandwheel doors, covers and band guides.  Thus quite some switches that may send a false contact...  But the flat plugs that connect the wires to the electrostop worn out because of the vibrations.  Squeeze them a bit with a pliers so that they don't feel loose anymore.  Hope that helps!
Pezzolato HD8 40HP diesel (2" bands) and Pezzolato MP-800 40HP Deutz diesel (4" bands)
Avant 635TDL articulated loader with various attachments
Loroch JLM-V sharpener, manual saw setting pliers
Vollmer VWM planing bench and rolling machine
Husqvarna chainsaws...

customsawyer

I have had to replace a key switch on one of my mills.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

I replaced my ignition switch this year, but it was worn out.  Not a warranty issue.  Those WM tech guys are super to work with.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buck

Had the same problem on an old tractor. If I was fast enough I could "wiggle" it and keep cultivating.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

sgschwend

I have a 2010 Kholer and the key switch was mounted in the ducted air housing.  It filled up with sawdust in about 25 hours of milling.

I replaced it at 50 hours after the same kind of problem you are having.  Now the switch lives out in open, just like the sawyer.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have a Kohler 28hp Gas engine.

Thanks for all ya'lls stories.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!