iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mall advertising piece.

Started by Jeff, March 24, 2013, 06:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We brought a box home out of storage to go through, and I found something I thought was long gone. I actually believed I had accidentally thrown it out of few years ago and was really surprised and happy to find it in this box. I gotta wonder how many of these are out there any more. Heck, maybe this is the only one. Has anyone ever saw one before?

It is a paper visor / hat. Never used, never folded. Probably designed for some sort of Mall chainsaw promotion, but that's just a guess. I can't find a thing on the internet about it. We decided to put it in a frame and hang it to keep track of it this time. :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Looks good there in the frame.I have never seen one.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Al_Smith

Speaking of which Mall .I just happen to own a Model M Bridgeport milling machine circa 1940 .It has a brass ID tag saying Mall tool company . How it ever got from Chicago to Ohio I have no clue.It's just a tad too heavy to hang on a wall though .

thecfarm

Another interesting piece. That was the days before they use to give out hats.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

loggah

Jeff, I have never seen anything like that !!! thats great!! a lot more rare then Mall  chainsaws !!!! ;D ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

clww

I thought you'd have one for sure, loggah! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

DigDug

I have a Mall saw but have never seen one of those hats.   Very cool collectable , good idea to frame it. 

SwampDonkey

Only thing I found on Mall Tools was it was acquired by Remington Arms in 1956, then later sold off.

Chainsaw collections site
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

clww

Great website link, SD! I saved it to my favorites. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

AdkStihl

Thats really cool.
Be real neat to make a replica and wear it at your next GTG  :D

How long does it measure?
J.Miller Photography

Jeff

I clumbed up on my desk and measured it. 26ΒΌ"  long. It's  in a 15" by 30" frame.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

Google: The Mall Tool Co. was founded in 1921 by Arthur W. Mall, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A year later he relocated the business to Chicago. The company became very successful, employing over 2,000 people making power drills, circular saws, chainsaws, and other handheld products. Those handheld power tools do not qualify Mall for this Old Woodworking Machines site, but they also made a "MallSaw Radial Saw Arm", which converted a handheld circular saw to a small radial arm saw. They also made (or, possibly, rebadged) a bench grinder. The bench grinders are very uncommon.

In 1956, Mall Tool Co. was acquired by Remington Arms Corp. and renamed the Remington Power Tool Division. In 1969, some entrepreneurs purchased this Division and named the it DESA Industries. They were acquired by AMCA (Master Consolidated) in 1975. Parts and service for Mall Tool products are no longer available.

AdkStihl

My grandfather has a Mall 3/8" corded drill. Still uses it.
J.Miller Photography

Thank You Sponsors!