iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tomb of the Unknown

Started by Tom, September 22, 2003, 05:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I was on about.com and someone had posted this article.  I offer the link to MSNBC's article but don't know how long it may remain.  Everybody really should read this.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/969061.asp?0cl=cR#BODY

shopteacher

Great story Tom, glad you posted it. Being a vet, I always feel a little tremor when I read about the people who gave their lives. They suffered not only for this country, but all countries that live in a democratic society and way of life.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Haytrader

I agree with shopteacher. I kinda get a stiff jaw when the military is mentioned.
1st Cav.   69-70
Haytrader

Tom

It's the respect that is offered by youngsters who never even knew those wars that makes my lips quiver; as much as the sacrifice of those gone by.  I'm so proud of our Military,  young and old alike.

Norm

Well said guys, thanks for the link Tom.

Frickman

Thanks for the link Tom. The article mentioned that the Vietnam unknown soldier had been indentified five years ago using DNA technology. The forensic pathologist who made this identification is an old college friend of mine. She was originally from the next county over, so all the local papers had her on the front page, proud of a hometown girl done good.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

DouginUtah

Frickman,

Speaking of DNA, I wonder if you could ask your pathologist friend a question for me--something I have been thinking about doing for my kids and myself.

What would be the best sample of DNA a person could put away for future use in identification. For example, hair, or a piece of fingernail clipping or a sealed tube of blood/urine, or ????

Not to be pessimistic, but bad things do happen. Having a good source might not be a bad idea?

-Doug
  Sorry for going off topic.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Tom

Oh!.....  
Did you go off topic? :)

RavioliKid

Doug,

I read that they recommend that parents should keep a few strands of hair for each of their children in case they need DNA evidence.

RavioliKid

Frank_Pender

Thank you for sharing the site, Tom.  It does a person good to know that we still have such people as these protecting and defending that which is/ was written in the 1770"s up until today. :)
Frank Pender

Fla._Deadheader

Finally got to read the article.

I have bad thoughts, at times.

25th Infantry Div. '66-'67  Cu Chi

Thanks for that, Tom. Appreciate the young un's.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Haytrader

Harold, I didn't know.
Welcome home.
You barely missed Tet.
Haytrader

Fla._Deadheader

I know. Thanks Haytrader. You are the first to say that.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!