iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by BlowedUpGood, December 23, 2010, 12:58:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlowedUpGood

Hi everyone - great board here. I am actually a driller/blaster who has been building logging roads for over 20 years now in British Columbia and the Yukon. Seen some great areas of the province.

Recently, I decided to start making a little "documentary" of logging road building and with the help of my wonderful wifes new camcorder one day, started out filming blasts and road building here and there just to test out what I could capture. Well, like an idiot, I tied to camcorder to a tree close to the blast. After the dust settled I noticed a few scratches and dents in it. Opps.

After my wife viewed the video and calmed down (shes a redhead. That took a while), she decided that the footage was actually pretty funny and entered it into a competition at the Intel Canada Facebook page. Its one of the voting ones so I was looking for people to check it out and vote for it. If this one stays in the Top 10, we just might get a new camcorder out of the deal to replace the one that I almost blew up. Its pretty much toast now after trecking it around the bush filming the forestry and logging industry.

So without further adieu - --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/28muhft - its the Intel Canada Facebook Page with our entry (Husband Almost Blows Up Our Camcorder) - a quick 20 second vid of the blast that almost wiped it out.

Thanks for the help and looking forward to posting on the board!

S. Debolt
Sechelt, BC

fishpharmer

Welcomemto FF! Its a great place because of great folks.  Better the camera being scratched then you.  An interesting occupation, does the company provides life insurance :D   Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.  Have you put any video on Youtube?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

This is a great place to hang out.  Lots of good people and info here.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

Welcome!  Looking forward to reading your future posts.

BlowedUpGood

Yes, actually did put some video up on Youtube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy9Ju7APFkI

I love that one!

BlowedUpGood

And this one too - both filmed in Northern BC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyQqAm_2oAU

The last big project we worked at was the Tulsequah Cheif Gold Mine near Atlin on the Taku river. Beautiful country!

northwoods1

Those videos are very cool to watch!!! 8)

I like the one by the houses where it just lifts the rocks off the ground 5' or 6' that looks like it was just the right amount of explosives :D

Texas Ranger

Cool, takes me back to the glory days in the service, I particularly liked the one where it looks like you were a bit close and took off running, or dropping the camera, one.

A kids dream job, blowing stuff up.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

BlowedUpGood

It truely is a dream job and can't believe I get paid to have that much fun! And believe it or not, I still have all my fingers lol

Off to do some BC Hydro pole holes today...

pigman

I got a blast out of the videos. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Buck

Welcome B.U.G.! I've been looking for a fishin buddy? You fish! ;)
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Magicman

First, Welcome to the Forestry Forum and thanks for sharing those videos.  I had no idea.  That is the first time that I have ever seen anything like that.  Now, where can I find a really big firecracker?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Well guys our big stump problems have been solved!

Welcome to the forum! What a great addition!!!

Notice no flames like Hollywood explosions?

BUG what is the power difference between what you use and military grade?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WoodLady25

I know I'm a girl, but that cool! I've never seen something like that!

I'm a new member to, but I don't do anything cool like you! Just interested mostly, my great grandpa and grandpa were big wood workers.

Autocar

Cool video welcome to the forum  :o
Bill

fishpharmer

Welcome to the forum WoodlLady25.  Glad to have you, here on FF.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Welcome WoodLady25, to the Forestry Forum.  What does the WoodLady do with wood?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!