iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New NC member

Started by NCForester, February 19, 2014, 02:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCForester

Hello Group.  I would like to introduce myself.  I have been lurking here for several years, and now have joined since I have now retired.  I have 2 portable mills, and have been milling for 27 years.  I am a registered forester in WNC, and do that and portable milling for people.
I have already learned a lot from this site, and look forward to interacting with you.

Solomon

Welcome NCForster.
I'm just outside of downtown Norfolk, Va.
  Glad to have you here with us.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

NCForester

WellandportRob

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure we can learn a thing or two from you.
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

thecfarm

NCForester,welcome to the forum. A retired forester with 2 portable sawmills. I'm just curious,why two?  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

m wood

welcome aboard NCForester.  You have some good company there in NC that frequent the forum.  I'd dare say there's more NC sawyers on the Forestry Forum than just about any other state :)...but I could be wrong ;D...it's happened befor :D
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Magicman

Hello NCForester, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

NCForester

Thank all of you for the welcome.  In response to posted questions.  I ended up with two woodmizers because I bought an LT-20 back in 1987, and a LT-40 in 2007.  I kept the 20 to leave at my house.  The LT-40 is my portable mill for jobs.
I really enjoy taking a raw product, and producing all sorts of usable products out of what many foresters would consider junk.
I am currently doing a job sawing yellow-poplar for two Buncombe Co. farmers to build machinery sheds.
I am doing about 15-25 job a year since retirement in 2012.

Thanks again for this site.

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
I'm on both sides of the state as my profile shows.

<----------
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Gasawyer

Welcome to the forum NCForester! Enjoy sawing in your retirement!
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

scsmith42

Yee-haw!  Another NC miller joins the forum!

Welcome!

One of our members has a get-together for NC millers planned in the near future (it's a reschedule for one that was rained out).  Be sure sure to watch the posts for the announcements.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Seaman

Welcome, I am down in McDowell.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

NCForester

Hi Seman,
Where in Old Fort are you?  I used to cover McDowell Co. in my USDA job.  I have a sawmill job to do in Old Fort this spring.

I am in Swannanoa, near Warren Wilson College.
We own land in Dysartsville.

bandmiller2

Welcome Forester, why did you wait so long to come out of the bushes.? good to have you on board. Do you sharpen your own bands or send them out.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SawyerBrown

Welcome aboard NC!  With all that experience I'm looking forward to hearing from you in the future here on THE Forum
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

kelLOGg

Welcome. We just completed a forestry plan with one of your colleagues out of Holly Springs for a farm in Franklin Co. Not near you, I know, but do you know David Halley? We are now in a conservation easement. 8)

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

fat olde elf

Welcome !!!! Several NC forum members are also "retired" Bought my Cooks MP 32 a year after I "retired".  Watch for the get-together that SC Smith mentioned. Should be a real hoot !
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Philngruvy

Welcome NCForester.  I am in Yancey County in Pensacola.  I have less than a year in the milling endeavor and I am learning so much from this forum.  I am looking forward to seeing more posts from you.
LT 15 18G
Bobcat 751

Sixacresand

Glad you joined the Forum, NCForester.  Look forward to your posts.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Finn1903

Welcome to the forum, I may speak for others as I am looking forward to hearing stories of your experience.
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

Seaman

That's crazy, I grew up in Dville ! Vein Mtn to be exact. We are in Crocked Creek now . Give me a shout sometime. Contact info at uniquewoodcuts.com

Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

RynSmith

Quote from: NCForester on February 19, 2014, 08:02:56 PM
I am in Swannanoa, near Warren Wilson College.

Welcome NCForester.

Proud Wilson alumna here!  :) 

samandothers

Welcome NC!   Look forward to your posts and sharing in your knowledge!

davidlarson

Welcome to the Forestry Forum from another NC mountains resident.  I'm learning a lot about forestry and Wood-Mizer sawmilling from this forum and from OJT. 
David L.

Thank You Sponsors!