iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another garden stirfry tonight

Started by tule peak timber, May 26, 2019, 01:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

Add a little dead beast and we are good to go.

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

doc henderson

very nice and very healthy.  anti-atkins!  My wife is working today and wanted some eggs boiled.  My daughter has some oral aversion to foods and eats mostly cheese pizza and pop tarts.  we have tried to expand her horizons and she is so obedient, that she will try stuff, but watch out, she will gag until you say she can spit it out.  The point is, she does not eat eggs, but she learned to make hard boiled eggs for her mom this am.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

We are pushing the garden thing hard for the kid's sake. We eat , juice, raw, rah rah rah .....

doc henderson

our German Shepard Lady Liberty brought this little feller gently up to the house.  licking it.  tried to find the nest, we have seen mom in the yard.  not takin much in, we are trying kitten formula.  warm water bottles in the box.  exercise in futility and or humanity.  wife and kids want to try.

little bunny.  do not worry, not going to eat it.  :)

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

I would think mashed up alfalfa and water, garden greens ?

doc henderson

Not sure when they wean in nature, will have to research.  Have some friends who raise bunnies and this is what they recommended but intake is little.  tried to see if they would take it to let a mom bunny nursemaid it.  Not sure how rodent do with that.  It is an experience.  We found 4 bunnies years ago, but their eyes were open, we raised them up and let them go.  they did fine and it was fun to have rabbits in the garden not afraid of us.  would set 10 feet away and eat in front of us.  They were now kin, so we did not care.

WV Sawmiller

Doc,

When we moved up here the neighbor's dog used to find them in the nest and bring them home. The neighbor kids brought them to my wife to raise. We used powdered bitches milk from the vet. The vet also had little evenflow bottles that held about 2 oz as I remember and had a soft rubber nipple. We raised several rabbits and a possum named Eatmore on that formula. 

TBT,

Good looking stir fry. Slice some chilled beef about 1/8" thick or a handful of peeled shrimp and fry in a wok in a little corn or peanut oil a couple minutes, remove then do the same with those mixed diced up veggies, combine the beef or shrimp and veggies, mix a teaspoon of corn starch in a cup or cold water and add for thickener and serve over rice and its a real quick and easy meal. I used my wok almost every day when I was working a project in Cameroon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tule peak timber

WV, we added thin sliced flank steak, 1/3 each hot chili garlic paste, soy, hoisin.Separate batches in sesame oil, combined over jasmin rice.
 You are eating well my friend...What were you doing in Cameroon ?

tule peak timber

Doc , we will hope for good news on your patient tomorrow.

doc henderson

Mom and son are rotating shifts.  Dad helps out.   Our BICU (bunny intensive care unit) is simple but we will help out and see how it goes.  not really in our hands at this point.  Mom says she ate better this eve, we added extra warmth this afternoon.

WV Sawmiller

TPT,

I was working the COTCO project. We built a 650 mile 30" diameter pipeline from the oil wells in SW Chad across the whole country of Cameroon and terminated it into an FSO in a bay at Kribi in the Atlantic Ocean. The FSO (Floating Storage Operation) was an old super tanker they brought in as a floating oil warehouse. I worked at the HQ in Douala running the housing and Facilities Maintenance operation. I loved it there. My wife would come spend the summers with me and make a local day trip to a different local village every Sunday and instead of taking my normal 2 week R&R I'd split it into 2 one week trips and we'd go to Kenya, CAR or N. Cameroon or such. We came back in February 2008 for a 2 week tour of the whole country and had a blast till we got caught up in a coups attempt which was real bloody and real nasty. They negotiated a cease fire and we got out on 29 February as scheduled. Fortunately for us we were mostly out in the bush camping and trekking with the Koume (Koo Mah) tribe along the Nigerian border and the pygmies more in the center and eastern borders of the country and they did not even know about the unrest. We will never know how many died as they kept the info from the public but you can read about the incident at the Bonaberi Bridge where the Gendarmes started on both ends with protesters in the middle threw or forced a bunch of people off into the river. The women in the Kouma tribe just wore a belt of beads with a patch of green leaves in front and back and when they got engaged to be married (Sometimes at 12-13 or so) they pulled their 2 front teeth to show they were married. Cameroon is like a cross section of Africa with desert and brushland in the North and Extreme North, savannah in the middle of the country and lush tropical jungle in the south. The best negotiator I ever met was a boat captain near Kribi. We hired him to take us up a jungle river for a 2 hour tour (Sounds like Gilligan's Island) to a Pygmy village and agreed to pay on return. We got to the village and upon return to the boat the captain said he needed his money then. He was holding all the cards. He had a fine boat. He drove the boat and had 4 mates bailing while we rode.

On regular weekends when my wife was not there I'd go on a walk-about through the villages and Central Market and I was the only white face to be seen. My local employees would be shocked to see me passing their home and such but I saw people and things none of the rest of the team ever did.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tule peak timber

Doc,
I hope we have a favourable update on our patient this morning.

WV,
Wow what an interesting read. The part about the beads I liked; the part about bailing, not so much. It would be cool if you posted in the food section some fun stuff that you experienced. Are you retired now?

Happy Memorial Day to all!

WV Sawmiller

TPT

I am retired and with the extra time on my hands I decided to buy the mill and start my portable milling service. Not making a lot of money at it but I am having fun, making new friends and it is a pr,etty cost neutral hobby of sorts.

I started writing articles for my hometown newspaper when I was in Cameroon and sending them to a former HS classmate who worked for the paper and have pretty much kept a journal of our travels since. I just checked and my writings and I am up to 892 pages. Working overseas in very remote areas allowed me to see some really unusual places, people and things plus I could combine my R&R travel with vacations to other places. Also there are/were tax incentives to stay out of the USA for specific periods (330 days out of a 12 month period) so I always said I could pay taxes or go on overseas holidays so that is what we did. I figured they were IRS funded/supplemented holidays. I'd meet my wife, and a couple times my daughter at another overseas country and she was a free lance photographer and she loved the excitement too. One of the best tricks she learned was to take a portable battery powered, picture printer and she'd set up near a village on the banks of a remote river or on a yak cart or such and print and give the locals a picture and that made us lots of new friends and got us access to places National Geographic never got to. I do like Nat'l Geo though as they pulled me out of a dry riverbed we were stuck in up in Samburuland in Kenya one time. One of these days I may get around to publishing my journal - time will tell.
Howard Green

tule peak timber

Super.Hopefully I will get a chance to meet you in person at the pig roast.

doc henderson

Our little bunny friend passed today.  could not get enough sustainance.  He was loved briefly by our family, but nature has taken its course.

doc henderson

we are planning on going to the pig roast barring work complication,  hope "meat" another bunch of everyone there and see a few for the second time.

tule peak timber

WV Sawmiller

Doc,

Sorry about a baby rabbit. You know when you take on a mission like that it is unlikely to succeed but you can't help but try. 

We had one about that size one time right after our old cat had a brand new litter of kittens and put him in with them and she raised him till he got big enough to get out of the box and the older kitten hurt him playing with him. It sure was a sight seeing natural enemies raising together like that.
Howard Green

doc henderson

that's what we were kinda hoping for.  libby carried him to the house and seemed to be more of a mother than a killer.  although some other rodents like moles she will kill in an instant.  We tried.   :)

WV Sawmiller

Yeah our old cat - Ugly (Wife and daughter bought/adopted her at a pet store because they figured she was too ugly to ever get a home otherwise) was a great hunter and routinely caught and killed chipmunks and baby rabbits but she had just had the kittens and took on that baby rabbit with no problems. I guess it was just hormones.
Howard Green

tule peak timber

Garden veges today for snacking.

doc henderson

we found a baby bird yesterday flailing in the pool;  got him out, perched on my finger breathing real hard.  looks like a first flight.  let him rest half an hour and he flew away.  snack looks good!

tule peak timber

I just rescued a baby bunny a few minutes ago. The dogs had a baby bobcat treed  here on Saturday that was a pretty animal to get a close look at. Baby birds everywhere !

doc henderson

what all is included on your snack tray?

tule peak timber

Pealed celtus, kohlrabi, Japanese turnips, mizuna ,fava beans, carrots(nantes),lettuce, and ground chilis.All from the garden. We served this at lunch with spicy chicken strips off of the BBQ.Trying to eat healthy :)

Thank You Sponsors!