iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

man, is that wood stringy!

Started by Kevin, April 05, 2009, 05:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

That's a big saw. I can't even tell what happened.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Riles

He touched his leg with the running saw. Got his money's worth from the chaps.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

OneWithWood

Bet he was glad he put those chaps on.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

kenneth

That could have realy hurt.I was looking at the web site for Labonville they show a saw cutting into different chaps with a ham inside.With no chaps on it cut real deep.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, with a chain saw the teeth pull it into the victim. Not like cutting yourself with an axe or knife.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Stephen1

I say he was lucky, I was lucky once and cut into the chaps doing what he did. I always use the brake when I am finished the cut. As I lift the saw out of the cut I flip my wrist and the brake is on, So Easy.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

chevytaHOE5674

Looks like a stihl 088/880, thats a big saw for that little wood. Thats what it pays to wear chaps. 

metalspinner

It's just that quick! :o  He didn't even notice he did it. :-\
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

sawdust

The saw did not appear to get anywhere near his leg and the chaps are green, at least on the out side. Is there any chance that the chain jumped at the bottom of the cut and the white is the nylon block being shredded from inside the guide housing?

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Left Coast Chris

From the way he was handling the saw you could tell he was'nt used to it.  It looked a little heavy for his arm strength and maybe thats why he droped the tip of the bar low while it was close to his leg?.  Most close calls Ive had are much higher on the leg with the area closest to the dogs on the chain contacting the chaps not closer to the tip.   ???
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!