iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

something sweet

Started by northwoods1, April 04, 2011, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northwoods1

I went to the grocery store this weekend & chicken was on sale for $0.69 a pound. I haven't had chicken in too long so I bought 2 packages of leg 1/4s and brought them home. Took quarters and washed them, cut up large onion 1/3 of onion very fine and mixed with garlic rubbed over chicken with lots of paprika (very important :D) put in glass baking dish with rest of onion and oregano, parsley from garden last year and some water. Baked for 1 hour. while that was baking I made a huge batch of mashed potatoes with a full stick of butter and milk whipped to perfection. When chicken was baked made gravy (Lots!) out of the drippings by simply adding more water and corn starch to thicken. Steamed broccoli to go along with that.
During that process  I also wanted to make something sweet for desert, but what? All I had was a couple of old apples sitting on the counter in a bowl. Had a brainstorm.. took 2 cups flour and 3/4 cups(!) cold butter cut up fine and some very cold water and mixed together just so it would hold and rolled it out large enough to cover an entire cooky sheet... spread w/1/2 jar of apricot preserves I made last fall and layered the 2 cut up apples on top, folded edges back over and coated with a little egg yolk sugar and cinnamon. Dotted the entire works with butter, quite abit :) and baked for a little more then an hour. Pics are of what I got, yummy :)
The chicken was just delicious. I need to make a chicken coop this year so I can put some in the freezer this fall.

sandhills

What time is supper tomorrow night?  ;)

beenthere

That sure looks fit to eat.  8)

Now I'm hungry!!!!
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norm

Yummy northwoods but how many people did you feed with that meal.  :o

Patty

Yikes! That apple tart thing looks awesome! I found drool trickling down my chin when I was reading your post. Gosh, how embarrassing.  :-[     Guess I have been on this stupid diet WAY too long.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Magicman

Quote from: Patty on April 06, 2011, 06:11:14 PM
Guess I have been on this stupid diet WAY too long. 

I noticed in Norm's "Babyback Rib" thread that he also said "but since I'm still on that stupid diet I only cooked half of them."

Sounds like that "stupid diet" is interfering with your diet.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!