iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Turkey in August!

Started by Norm, August 21, 2011, 05:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Cleaned out the freezer and was told to cook this thing so onto the egg it went.

I'll be eating turkey sandwiches for a week.  :D

jim king

That is just a terrible thing to show a picture like that.  I had a fried skinny chicken today  :'(

WDH

I cook turkey several times a year in my weber kettle grill, not just during the holidays.  It is cheap and very delicious, but maybe not as delicious as yours looks!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Looks good.

You answered that age old question......which came first the turkey or the egg? :-\

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Norm

:D :D

We got this on sale last winter for .39lb, so it was time to be used. I was surprised at how fast it cooked, put it on at noon thinking 6 hours but 4 hours later it was done.

thecfarm

Thanksgiving in August. That looks goooood.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yumm, and it's not fair because I have no power at the moment until around 10 am. Gonna be late breakfast. I did get the coffee made and downed a parfait, but that ain't gonna suffice.  :(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

Oh man was the turkey ever GOOD!   Now I am looking forward to turkey, lettuce & tomato sandwiches!

DELISH!  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

Well, I did cook some chicken breasts yesterday, so I can have some fajita wraps. 8^P

:D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Quote from: Patty on August 22, 2011, 08:50:34 AM
Oh man was the turkey ever GOOD!   Now I am looking forward to turkey, lettuce & tomato sandwiches!

DELISH!  8)

Yepper!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

clww

Patty & Norm-that turkey looked great (I could almost smell and taste it)!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

GeneH

Hey guys, that turkey looked great! The skin.....golden and just waitin' to be pinched off...I know it was good!!!

red oaks lumber

not fair, i was licking my computer screen ;D
that looks double delish :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WildDog

Norm the skin on that Turkey looks a treat, I bet it ate well.

Its been a while since we raised our own Bronze Wings, can't beat turkey, lettuce and cranberry sauce sandwiches.

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Thank You Sponsors!