iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's your favorite breakfast?

Started by Norm, November 12, 2011, 06:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

Roxie's Greek yogurt is wonderful! I like the Brown Cow Greek yogurt you can buy at Sam's Club. My favorites are blueberry & strawberry.   Yummy!   :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

CHARLIE

I like yogurt for a snack. I've heard of Greek Yogurt but never had any.  Patty, what is the difference between Greek Yogurt and regular yogurt?  Also, sometimes, I like to mix vanilla yogurt into a bowl of Grapenuts cereal for breakfast. That's gooood.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

D Hagens

Here's another fav of mine, poached eggs on toast with salsa on top :) Suxs that we only could get white bread at the store though ::)

The apple cider is an accent plus it's really good for D as she's sick.

Roxie

Charlie, yogurt with grapenuts is wonderful! 

Real Greek yogurt is made with sheep or goat milk.  Here in the US, most of Greek yogurt is labeled, "Greek Style" which means that cows milk was used.  The primary difference though is that the whey is strained out of Greek yogurt and the result is a remarkably creamy and rich texture that is thicker than regular yogurt. 
Say when

Magicman

My "normal" breakfast is my mixture of Raisin Bran, Smart Start, Honey Bunches of Oats, Cheerios, and Craisins with 1% milk.

Friday morning, I fixed Radar67 scrambled eggs, link sausage, & biscuits.  He also likes coffee.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pappy19

3 eggs over easy(real easy), 6 strips of crispy cooked bacon, big bowl of http://www.fallsmill.com/store.html , grits and 2-3 baking powder biscuits, butter and homemade huckleberry jam. Then nap til noon!!
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

schakey

Eggs,bacon or sasuage,hash browns,coffee
or french toast,hash browns
can eat breakfast 3 times a day sketti_1
(Really any breakfast food cooked-not cold)
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

LeeB

I think my favorite breakfast will be Friday. I'll be home withmy sweetie then. 8)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

D Hagens

Quote from: LeeB on November 18, 2011, 07:43:29 AM
I think my favorite breakfast will be Friday. I'll be home withmy sweetie then. 8)

Now that's the best breakfast a guy could ever have :)

CHARLIE

D Hagens' picture jogged my memory of a breakfast I've enjoyed since childhood. I've fixed it for my children and my grandchildren.  It's "Egg in the Hole".  Just tear a yolk sized hole in the center of a slice of bread. Butter the bread on both sides, including the little piece you tore out.  Put the bread in the skillet and break and egg over it so the yolk goes into the hole. Fry it the way you like it. Also toast that little piece you tore out of the hole too.  It's a great breakfast with a side of thick sliced crispy bacon.

My wife and I have argued over the name of it for 43 years. She calls it a "Bird in a Nest".  There ain't no bird and their ain't no nest but there is a hole and there is and egg. DanG she's a stubborn woman. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

CHARLIE, we call that a "toad in the hole."

My favorite breakfast is blueberry pancakes with either sausage from the place we get the pigroast pig, or venison bacon from burlkraft.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WildDog

QuoteShe calls it a "Bird in a Nest".  

We BBQ steak about 4 nights a week and my 5yr old with out fail has his "Eggy Bread"

My breakfast is 5-10 weetbixs in milk, vegemite on toast and glass of OJ. Except Sunday morning when we have thick cut bacon from the local butcher and our free range eggs. When the older boys were at home they regularly made pancakes with maple syrup, I don't go much on sweet food in the morning.

There's one breakfast I remember above all, I am pretty sure it was as good as I recall :). I was 18yrs old and could normally eat a horse, we came in from 2 weeks working and camping in the bush and hit this big town called "Cunamulla" at 6:00am starving but cashed up. I was fueling up the Toyota while my mate Brad was in getting friendly with the waitress. Anyway breakfast came out, on massive plates 1x fillet steak, 4 lamb loin chops, 2 snags, 2 eggs, toast, bacon and a plate of fries each + a jug of ice cold chocolate milk. 8)  We had that same breakfast 3 days in a row while Brad and the waitresses friendship ran its course ;) then we headed to the coast.  
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Mike@Norwood

Charlie, My grandmother called it "eggs in a basket". I haven't had that in many years . In fact, I think I might make it for my kids tomorrow morning. Thanks for the idea.

Give me any kind of eggs and I'm good. Throw in some cheese (with anything) and I'm a happy camper. 

BTW, can you keep a secret? I think this "food, food, food" section is tied with "sawmills and milling" as my favorite category on the forum .shhhh  :-X

Norm

Your secrets safe with us Mike...well and maybe just a couple hundred thousand others.  :D

Jeff, what's venison bacon?

Mike@Norwood

For those who like pancakes and bananas, I highly recommend trying this recipe that I found online.

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed (mash them in a ziplock bag)

Directions
1. Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.

2. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.

3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.

The recipe is pretty versitile and can be changed to your liking.

I hope you enjoy them as much as my daughter does.

They're so simple to make and unbelievably moist, and tasty pancakes.

Mike@Norwood

Thanks Norm,  I knew you all could be trusted  ;)

The only downfall to this food,food, food section is that I find myself drooling on a regular basis., especially the bbq posts. Man, I'm going to miss Summer.

It's a good thing I live in Buffalo,NY where we have such short, and mild winters   :D

LeeB

Is Summer someone that cooks your BBQ for you? Don't let the seasons slow you down. The pit will fire up anytime of the year.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Radar67

Eggs, bacon, sausage, and biscuit over an open fire in the middle of the woods with your brothers. ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

sawguy21

Toad in the hole. ;D I had forgotten how much we enjoyed that as kids.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

Three egg, ham, American cheese and mushroom omelette with sides of hashbrowns, link or patty sausage, whole wheat toast with strawberry jam, tall glass of tomato juice with ample black pepper stirred in, ice water and possibly coffee  :) ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

CLL

Three eggs over easy, country ham, hash browns, biscuits & gravy with a side order of flap jacks. Plenty of milk.
Too much work-not enough pay.

D Hagens

Well here's something to add to this thread, more of a question but here it goes.
While we're speaking of breakfast do any of you guys cook up a good breakfast late at night?
Most people kick back with a bag of chips or something fattening, I tend to fry up some bacon and eggs :)
What do you guys do?

WildDog

Crumpets are usually a breakfast meal but we like to kick back when the littleuns go to bed with crumpets and honey in winter and a mango  in summer.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

thecfarm

I have ate breakfast at night for supper. The way the wife feeds me,I'm not looking for a snack around 8 at night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LeeB

Quote from: D Hagens on November 19, 2011, 12:30:05 AM

Most people kick back with a bag of chips or something fattening, I tend to fry up some bacon and eggs :)
What do you guys do?

Glad to know fried bacn and eggs ain't fattening.  :D We eat breakfst for supper on a regular basis. Sometimes the fried eggs route and sometimes omlettes. Even pancakes on the rare occasion.

Thank You Sponsors!