iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

DONT ever do this.

Started by semologger, February 18, 2012, 09:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

I was cutting up some Jalapeno peppers up tonight for some queso dip. Got done and there were a couple pieces still on the knife. Dont ever lick the remaining pieces off the knife. smiley_furious3 I had my lips stuck in the milk jug for a couple of minutes after words. pepsi_smiley  I just wasnt thinking natural reaction to lick the knife.  :-X

LOGDOG

Whewwww ...ouch! Can you say "concentrated"?  :o

Magicman

I can think  smiley_headscratch  of another reason to "not lick a knife blade".   :o   smiley_ignore   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

semologger

Dan_Shade

it's also wise to be careful while using the loo after working with peppers  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sawguy21

Ianab

Quote from: sawguy21 on February 18, 2012, 10:15:15 PM
???

Think of the parts of your body that are even more sensitive than your tongue...

You DO NOT want Chilli Juice there :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

ScottAR

happened to a guy at a cookout...  His new nickname is "Peter Burns"   :D :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Chris Burchfield

My dad loved jalapeno's that had been pickled.  Later in life he developed diverticulitis.  Drs. then blamed flair ups on things like seed from peppers, tomatoes, celery seed, you get the pick.  I always put up jalapeno's to have with vegetables.  The year dad developed the diverticulitis, I took time to seed a quart jar of peppers for dad.  I had washed my hands very well, for a while with soap.  The capsaicin had been absorbed into my hands and fingers.  You talk about burn and pain.  I tried baking soda, vinegar, baking powder, more soap and water.  It was quite a while before the discomfort subsided.  We now keep a box of surgical gloves in a kitchen cabinet.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

scgargoyle

Don't mess with your contact lenses after cutting hot peppers, either. Had a nephew who tried that....... :o
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

cinnabar

I feel your pain, semologger.  Years ago I had a nasty headcold, the kind where your nose is raw from all the tissue use. Anyway, I had made some fresh salsa cleaned up the kitchen, then I blew my nose, then wiped my watery eyes...bad choice.  Ended up in the shower fully clothed trying to wash my face off, nose running gasping for air.  The only upside, my cold was completely gone the next day. 
Always use gloves or at least a plastic bag over your hands and chop on non-porous surfaces.  It bothers me to see the TV cooks chopping peppers without anything on their hands and on wooden cutting boards, like the flavors and hots don't transfer or linger ???.  Some people it must bother more than others.  Better safe than sorry.

Okrafarmer

I went through a stage where I was selling vegetables at the farmer's market. I found out that wasn't very profitable.... Anyway, one day I had brought some jaberneros to sell-- would never eat such things, you understand... and I had just handled them whole, never cut them or anything, but I went to scratch my nose, and WHAM! I was down for the count. Well, I had to leave the table until I had managed to get everything under control.

I recently had some stuffed jalapenos at our local chinese buffet, they were some good, not too hot, since they had had the seeds cleaned out.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

sawguy21

Ian, that is exactly what I was thinking. :D

SPIKER

we did some food lunching at work, one of my co-workers brought in some peppers and had cut em up on her carving board, went to wash it off scrapped off with her fingers and rubbed her eyes  :o  yep was silly mistake.

My sister made worse mistake, middle of night had a flare up of nether region and reached for the prep-H to calm things down.  accidentally picked up the deep heat needless to say she was doing the 8) dance.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

semologger

well its been 24 hours and no problems from the other ends. :D. i love peppers and have never had any worries about that problem. although sometimes eating subway they do put a few to many jalos in the sandwiches for my wife to even take a bite of mine. But i like it.

My dad on the other hand loves to eat hot food. I have seen him break out sweating just eating more than you will see me running a chainsaw on a 100 degree day. Any of you sweat when you eat hot food?

Ianab

QuoteAny of you sweat when you eat hot food?

That's when you know you have got it "about right"  :D

Now my buddy made some Habanero vodka a couple of years back... That could bring out a sweat just by looking at the bottle  :-\ Habanero isn't the hottest of all chillies, but it's about 10X the heat of Jalapenos.  :o

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Okrafarmer

QuoteAny of you sweat when you eat hot food?

I am sensitive to anything spicy like that-- even mild chili is really too much for me. When I was a lad, my parents used to buy the Tony's Pizza from the grocery store and we would have about 3 of those on Sundays. The pepperonis on Tony's would make my dad's bald head sweat. My sisters thought that was so funny they called the pepperoni flavor "Sweaty-Head."  ;D

sandhills

I like a little heat, average jalopenos won't bother me any but I do have my limits, and yes I also dug at one eye once while slicing peppers, completely involuntary response to an itch, but oooooooh my.  :'(

Den Socling

Some years ago I was visiting my brother in Arizona. We shared a jalapeno pizza with extra jalapenos. We cried like babies.  :o And I cried again the next day.  ::)

LOGDOG

Sounds like a Johnny Cash song to me.

LeeB

Never tried Habanero Vodka, but i do like a dab of my home made Habanero sauce in my Jack & Water.
A lot of you know I like to make my own habanero sauce. On a sorta funny note, one night after making a batch, I went to bed and crawled in with Lindy,who had gone to bed earlier. I pulled her close and started getting cozy and she moaned a litlle. I thought I was a king up till I got a smack in the face and she told me right quick to get my pepper hands off of her. What I mistook for burning desire was just plain  burning on her part.  ::)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Den Socling

LeeB

I guess I should proof read a little better. That's not how I meant to say that, but essentially , yes. Sorry if this steps over the line.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Den Socling

I don't see any need to apologize. I twisted the context. I'm just twisted!  :D

semologger

I think all of us are a little twisted. :D. Kind of reminded me of Bill Enval joke. If you heard it you know what it is.

LeeB

I'm not bothered by it at all. I just didn't want to cross any forum lines. I'm as crass and coarse as they come. Sometimes it's hard for me to keep it rated g.

submarinesailor

Quote from: LeeB on February 22, 2012, 10:02:29 AM
I'm not bothered by it at all. I just didn't want to cross any forum lines. I'm as crass and coarse as they come. Sometimes it's hard for me to keep it rated g.

Lee,

I'm right there with you.  Sometime the old Senior Chief Petty Officer comes out of me and I have a real hard time keeping it G rated. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Bruce

Raider Bill

Actually It cracked me up. Yesterday I was picking some Habernaos with my Son and I told him the story. He could related and not too long ago he tried to dehydrate some in his kitchen which turned his whole house into a pepper spray chamber. ;)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

LeeB

I've dried some in a dehydrator and then powdered them. Not nearly as good as fresh and sems toloose some of the heat.

Thank You Sponsors!