iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

question about sourwood (Oxydendrum arboreum) - (WARNING: picture heavy)

Started by Lanier_Lurker, September 07, 2008, 11:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Sometimes the white oaks turn red, at least part way.  Not much red yet.  Still mostly green.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lanier_Lurker

My neighbour and I each have some large old white oaks that turn a nice scarlet colour.  If it were not for the numerous and showy scarlet oaks in the immediate area they would really stand out and be more noteworthy.  The past peak time for fall colour (in this area) is when the scarlet oaks really put on a show.  They cling to their leaves long after the other hardwoods have dropped theirs.

SwampDonkey

My white oak holds it's leaves all winter as do young beech. I have a young beech in the back yard. Thankfully no disease yet. I only transplanted it from another back yard location about 20 years ago. Man, 20 years, 25 years goes bye fast. Sure glad I planted some trees around here. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!