iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are you cutting 2024? - pics welcome

Started by Ianab, May 09, 2024, 12:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

New Thread for pictures and other updates / discussions etc. 

Old thread is available here, but is now locked. 
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=80957.0

Carry on.  ffsmiley
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Nealm66

Swinging a big rotten leaner

Nealm66

I'm not sure if I'm loading the pictures the best. I'm using an IPhone and selecting small as the format?

doc henderson

might try medium, at least for pics where detail matters.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ianab

Like Doc says, you can go up a size. 

The bit that says 240x320 is the number of pixels (dots) in your image. You can go for 640 or 800 and get a larger (more detailed) image, without blowing the file size. 

Modern cameras lake crazy big files, default on mine is 4096 pix wide, or about 3 average monitors across, and maybe 5 mb file size. And it's not a high end phone. So there are limits put on the forum file size so Lil can't accidentally upload a 12 mb / 8,000 pixel image from her phone, and waste Jeff's server space  and bandwidth, when it then gets shrunk down at the end screen to ~1,000 pix for display anyway.

So you are doing it right by selecting and uploading the smaller size image, just you can go up a step in size and it will be fine. 

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Hogdaddy

Ah man.... I hate our old thread has been locked. Glad I was a part of it! And like he said carry on!  I tried to downsize a pic, will have to try to post it tomorrow.  :thumbsup:
If you gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly!

Nealm66

Spring has sprung here in the pnw

Nealm66

Pitch is boiling out on this one. Bark is slipping on the Doug firs ( not a great way to fall)

Hogdaddy

A hickory I cut the other day. Not huge, but a good one. 4 foot at the stump.

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=353777

Hogdaddy

Hogdaddy

Hogdaddy

WhitePineJunky

Thank You Sponsors!