iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Really interesting table design

Started by SPIKER, March 11, 2013, 11:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIKER

Hi All:
Not sure if this can be viewed without a Face Book account but saw this one and thought a lot of people might really like this video link.

The table is round and transforms from about 6' dia to about 10' dia!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=537735162936976

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Jay C. White Cloud

O.K....that was just plain COOL!!!!!  thank's
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

drobertson

Spiker, that is pretty cool! in fact just a piece of real engineering and craftsmanship,  thanks for sharing this,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

SPIKER

I would love to have one of those too, & no idea where to find the plans, it was on my Face Book page posted by one of my ole school biddies.

I would like to see it in person and it's mechanism under it has to be something to see too.   lol

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

POSTON WIDEHEAD

arteest-smiley   Hold on.....I'll show you his tables.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tree Feller

I've seen that video multiple times but it's always a "wow" moment. I have a furniture-building friend in Lindale (about 15 miles north of Tyler) who actually built one of those tables.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

WDH

After seeing that, I am going to sell all my woodworking tools  :).  No way I can do anything like that.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pigman

I think I could do that table if someone showed me how once. No, not build it, change it from small to large like the lady.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

stumpy

For some reason the link does not appear in the post. 
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

beenthere

Go to the company dbfletcher.com and this capstan table will show up there. Along with some info about the mechanical linkage beneath it.

http://www.dbfletcher.com/

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

giant splinter

Quote from: WDH on March 11, 2013, 09:37:19 PM
After seeing that, I am going to sell all my woodworking tools  :).  No way I can do anything like that.

Now just a minuet, I think you could build one exactly like it if you really wanted to, we have all seen your work WDH and I think you could figure it out.

I am the one that would not even try that project, even if I could figure it out I would run out of patience with it and find something else to do like fly fishing or getting some quality "couch time"   ;D
roll with it

WmFritz

After seeing the table, I'm curious what the rest off that Tub looks like.  :D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

VT_Forestry

I had seen this video several years ago, and re-found it again last week.  Still amazing.  It's also $60k.  So which is more amazing, the table itself or the fact that someone will pay $60k for it?  :D
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

scully

coolest wood masterpeice I have ever seen ! 60 grand sounds like a bargan !
I bleed orange  .

justallan1

WOW! very neat. Something like that is something I would build just because I have never so much as seen a picture of one.
Allan

Thank You Sponsors!