iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very late winter Yooper buck

Started by chet, March 01, 2020, 08:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

My son Jeff snapped this pic 2/29/2020 in his backyard. This buck must have been really proud of his 2019 rack, 'cause he's saved it for 2020 too..  :D

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

thecfarm

I think the ones that I have been seeing here, the horn dropped a few weeks back. Nothing that size at my place.   :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ron Scott

Chet,
Nice late season buck. Where in Iron River?
~Ron

WV Sawmiller

Pretty neat. I have killed them here in late December during anterless season and found it was bucks who had already shed. Amazing one would still have them this late. 

I talked to my feed guy yesterday who said in November he spotted a pair of newborn fawns at his place. I asked him if they had survived the winter and he said they had and he'd been watching them playing and such. We had a pretty mild winter but I still figured their coats would be too thin to survive.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Weekend_Sawyer

Maryland bow season runs through January.
In 2017 I took a nice 8 point mid January and as I was dragging it into my barn one of the horns came off in my hand. So I mounted it like this.

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!