iDRY Vacuum Kilns

how do u...(make a profile avatar)

Started by The-Burl-Hunter, January 27, 2009, 08:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-Burl-Hunter

hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows how to put a picture on your profile, like some people have their age, location and a flag or pic and i want to know how u put the pic their thanks

LeeB

Look at the top of the page and click on the tab that says profile and follow the instructions from there.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

tyb525

And since it looks like you're fairly new, welcome to the forum! And since it looks like you're hunting for burls, well, you've found one. My middle name is Burl  :D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Tom

The profile picture is a little different than the Gallery Pictures.  You are still limited to KB's (Kilobytes) but the size of the picture is limited to about 110 pixels.  You click on profile information, then  "I'll upload my own picture"  then use browse to place your picture URL from your computer to the little window.  Then (and don't forget this) go to the bottom of the page and click on "Update Profile".  When you go back to the forum, your picture should show beneath your user name.

If you have a picture on another site that you want to use, you use the other option, "I  have my own pic" and the box to its right.  Be sure that you only use one instance of Http://

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

The-Burl-Hunter

I guess I still cannot figure it out? :D

Jeff

Do you have a photo you want to use? Email it to me at admins@forestryforum.com and I'll put it on for you. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OneWithWood

I recently attempted to change my avatar.  Did not succeed at first and had limited time to fool with it.  Now I have it up but it is too small to see.
How do I increase the size so it can be seen?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Probably not possible with that photo. The avatar has a limited size for formats sake, so the content needs to be something that will look ok with the limited size allowed. A picture of a group is not conducive to a small format.

You need something that will look ok at 120 pixels wide.

Tom

OneWithWood

Bummer.  That photo is a good summary of what I try to do with my woods.  It is a photo of the Ellettsville Intermidiate and Stinesville Elementary fifth grade classes on a field day we held for them.

Tom, it is 175 as of today  8)  Trying to fit into that pixel limit, you know  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Tom

He had to draw a picture of me to get me in there.  :D

Bro. Noble

Well,  I didn't even want one,  but I did something that pithed Jeff and he gave me one anytway ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Is that yer way of asking for your dime back? ;)

Norm

Well I like a festive Noble as well as the next guy but my favorite is barn again.  :)

After re-reading my post I'm worried Noble's never going to let me visit now. :D

Bro. Noble

Well, Norm,  one advantage to being old and forgetful is that I don;t recall that one.  I guess I'm not smart enough to realize if I've been insulted :D :D :D  Would love to have you visit at any time ;D

Jeff,  I really appreciate your artistic abilities,  but can't resist throwing a dart your way any chance I get :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Norm

Noble, when Jeff visited down your way he took a picture of a barn and used it as your avatar. Then he changed it to the pumpkin guy, I made a comment that I was bored with the halloween avatar and wanted that one back again. It was captioned barn again.

Of course I'm not that young either so maybe I just daydreamed it. :D