iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Twister

Started by Faron, November 06, 2005, 11:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Rather than start a new thread, I brought this one back up.  About a week after this killer tornado hit south of here, killing 23,  a tornado hit the Amish area 12 miles or so northeast of here.  No one was killed, but somewhere around 100 homes were destroyed, along with some businesses.  Although I have not been into the area, I am told the response has been astounding.  The morning after, FEMA and Red Cross came in and looked around. Then the Amish ladies moved in, and more than 1300 meals were ready for relief workers by noon.  Amish relief poured in from all over the Midwest, and maybe the country for all I know.  A young man I talked to had 15 relatives affected.  He said the other day about 90% were already back into their homes. His family runs a furniture business and they held off delivering our stuff in order to get needed supplies to the affected area and otherwise help out.   A truss company employing about 100 was demolished.  They are running their crew on a night shift at a competetors site.  A neighbor here who is building a new house had trusses ordered from them.  He got them only a week later than scheduled.  Looks like these people can get things done without someone holding their hand.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Furby

Sorry to hear about the tornado, but it sure does sound like they know how to handle things.

Thank You Sponsors!