iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

strange find in a log

Started by Dave H., August 21, 2014, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

well I got the mill moved to my house on its new base.just have to wrk on a ramp system.started cutting up some pine logs.i was whittling away on one and lo and behold a coffee table appeared!,lol.i once was told by a well known turkey call maker that every piece of wood has a little turkey in ,you just have to remove all the wood that doesn't.i guess this applies to logs and furniture too,lol.

Magicman

Maybe that is a sign that you need to lay it legs up on the sawmill bed and saw the legs off even.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave H.

finally getting comfortable cutting dimensional with less and less waste.the cooks blade cut well (10's) but a tad slower than the lennox(7's).getting a lot of feathering,is this normal?ive cut 3 20"x6ft pine logs,feathered from the first cut.maybe need to run these a little tighter on tention?still happy with the results both woth the mill and blades.only thing I want to improve on is the drip system as it has a mind of its own.no matter where I set it I have to readjust it after every or every other cut unless I run it wide open..

this last picture is of my slabs and waste piles.i  made my base longer than I needed as im going to make a track extention,but its coming in handy right now as a storade rack,lol.

T Welsh

Dave, I had a bench show up between logs, it appeared at the right time as I was sawing large Poplars at the time. It was actually my own bench and I needed to get the base level, even after assembly it moved slightly and I thought it would be to easy to throw it on the mill and saw it level and it was that easy!!! Tim

WDH

T,

Nice walnut bench base  ;D. 

Dave,

The sticker police will be playing you a visit  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 21, 2014, 08:53:04 PM
T,

Nice walnut bench base  ;D. 

Dave,

The sticker police will be playing you a visit  :D.

I figured RO would be writing a ticket by now.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

jrose1970

I can't believe there was a table in a log!! ? LOL
Some settlers asked an old Indian to carve a bear out of a log. He was an artist.
The request upset him, and he said that the log did not have a bear in it.
It had a cougar. :)  We just need to whittle the rest away.
HFE-36; International 424-37HP; McCullogh Pro 10-10

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Thank You Sponsors!