iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Member in Brazil?

Started by moosehunter, August 26, 2009, 08:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Do we have members in Brazil? I don't see any on the map.
I need someone that can read portegese (sp) and can search the web in Brazil.

mh

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Tom

The only members I can find are Mauricio and Fabiola.  Neither show up much.

Jim King and Gustavo are in Peru and have dealings in Brazil.  Perhaps one of them will be fluent enough.

mcfcfan

Hi Moosehunter,
We have a member of staff here at Petersons who is from Argentina, she speaks fluent Spanish and Italian, Veronica may be able to help you.
What are you actually wanting to do?
Regards
Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

Ron Wenrich

I thought we had a girl that was in Brazil a number of years ago.  She said she was going to come to one of the pig roasts.  I can't remember her name, but I think she was some sort of student.  She's dropped out of sight.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

moosehunter

We had an exchange student from Brazil about 10 years ago. We were pretty attached to him and kept in touch often. We found out earlier this week that he was killed in a car crash. My wife and I would like to know what happened and see if we can find an obituary. His family is very distruaght and I hate to pry into what happened. We are in contact with them but I just can't bring myself to ask them for details.
If someone thinks they can help I will PM them the name and date.

jim king

Moosehunter:

What is it you need ?¿  Maybe I can help.  It has been a lot of years since I lived there but they say that if you are drunk enough Spanish becomes good Portuguese.

If you have a University near you there may be a student but the Brazilians are very nationalistic and proud to be Brazilian so they dont study abroad as much as other nationalities.

I just read your new post,  I dont know where to find that info but I can try.  I need the name of the city and details.

Jim

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

mcfcfan

Moosehunter,

So sorry to hear that sad news.
Veronica said she would help in any way she can if possible.
If you want to PM with the detailsi will get her to have a look at the Brazian obituaries and newspapers.
Regards'
Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

jim king

This morning I sent off a message to my first employee in South America who is Brazilian..

He will check every way possible.  I have my doubts if anything can be found as obituaries in South America are generally for sports heros and politicians that stole a lot.  My guy will do his best.

moosehunter

jdtuttle

I have a friend from Argentina that is in his 4th year of college to be a spanish teacher here in the states. He's on break now & may be able to help if nothing else comes up. Let me know.
jim
Have a great day

moosehunter

If anyone wants more background on our brazilian son, search "the best monday ever" on the forum here. It is a post I made about him a few years ago. If some one knows how to link it here, please do ( I don't know how).

mh

Mooseherder

jim king

Moosehunter:

I just talked to my freind in Southern Brazil and he searched dozens and dozens of newspapers but could find nothing.  That is not to say that there is not something printed out there but with hundreds and hundreds of newspapers in Sao Paulo it is hard to find one article.

I hope some one else had better luck for you.  Sorry.

Jim

moosehunter

Thanks Jim,
I think I will give the family time to grieve then ask them. I hate not knowing but I'll wait.

mh

Thank You Sponsors!