iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lighthouse shift change

Started by doctorb, June 23, 2014, 08:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorb

Thought you might enjoy this "change of shift"  My understanding is that the lighthouse is now fully automated, taking all the fun out of life!

http://www.wimp.com/lighthouseshift/
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WmFritz

Nowadays, you need to spend big money on a ticket at an amusement park to get a thrill like that.  ;D

The Captain is pretty handy at the helm.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Chuck White

Didn't seem to be any tense moments there, my guess is they've done the shift change many, many times!

Interesting video, thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Imagine what it took to build the thing!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

Thanks for sharing this!  Amazing stuff going on all over this world.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

gspren

Just a few (40) years ago I'd have been willing to try that.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

Brings up the question, now that the lighthouse is unmanned, how does the repairman or maintenance man/woman get on and off board?
Helicopter maybe? Or just wait until the sea is calm... if ever?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!