iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My latest walnut job

Started by CX3, January 05, 2011, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

exactly right mo walnut is who i sell to at neosho mo. i have learned that they will pay more for your logs if they come to the farm and pick them up. which makes no sense from the dollar standpoint. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Kansas

Hope you have better luck than I do for them actually picking up the logs. I have some that have been on the log yard since March, including a few lower grade veneer that I sold to them.

paul case

first ones i sold them in november are gone but the december job is still sitting there. i am only 20 miles from them though. i have also sold them bundles of grade oak before. most money per board foot  i made so far on oak has been to them. pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Magicman

No reflection against you Paul, but using their own hauler would insure that the logs they bought are the ones they get.  Not everyone is as honest as you are.   ;)  Just a thought  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CX3

I have heard they are going to quit letting us bring them logs. They are also going to start using "log tags".  But I have never seen them do that yet.  They say lots of changes coming in the way they handle business.  Too many guys pulling the wool.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

paul case

Quote from: Magicman on January 09, 2011, 01:20:19 PM
No reflection against you Paul, but using their own hauler would insure that the logs they bought are the ones they get.  Not everyone is as honest as you are.   ;)  Just a thought  ???
what i meant was they will pay more to buy your logs on the farm than what they will pay a man to haul his to the mill and settle there. the buyer told us that the ones that bring logs in have not talked to  mo wa and will not get as much for his logs because of that.
their buyer that i deal with is always real busy and dont always keep his first appointment with you.pc
pc

Kansas

I simply do not understand mo walnut. I know of logs that have supposedly laid 1 1/2 years up here. And loggers get yelled at by landowners because logs don't get picked up. On another thread I talked of a logger that cut fence and stole logs from a landowner. I looked at those logs and they were cut last spring. Those were bought by mo walnut. They are sprawled out over hay ground. I think some of them would have been veneer. They certainly aren't veneer now. The logs on my yard that they bought last March take up space, so how long do I leave them there before I give up and try to saw and salvage something out of them? Or resell them just to get them out of there. I don't like doing business that way.  And can you  blame a landowner that has them laying in a field or pasture if he shoves them in a ditch so he can farm or put up hay?  

Norm

I'm guessing it's because they are short on money Kansas.

We have a walnut buyer that shows up and says I'll pay x amount and we'll pay when we pick them up. Same scenario they sit there and everyone's left holding the bag. I only allowed that once.

paul case

i cant do it that way. if i bought good logs i want them at the mill to cut. so i am sure it isnt a shortage of money on their part. pc
pc

Kansas

Quote from: Norm on January 10, 2011, 08:25:34 AM
I'm guessing it's because they are short on money Kansas.

We have a walnut buyer that shows up and says I'll pay x amount and we'll pay when we pick them up. Same scenario they sit there and everyone's left holding the bag. I only allowed that once.

That's the crazy part Norm. They already paid for the logs. They write a check right there when they look at them. Its just that the truck never shows up.
Everyone worries that the Chinese are going to take over the world. The Chinese own Mo Walnut. I am not worried about the Chinese taking over the world anymore.

missouri_logger

they are short on trucks i have one of my piker trucks leased to them as we speack because they are short on piker trucks they had 2 wrecks in two weeks and are waiten on trucks to get built they will come get them logs trust me oh and if you start to do somthing with them after you sold them then you are pretty much in the same boat as the supposivly fence cutter you was trying to help catch  :o cause you have both been paid for the product stack it up in the ditch and let them come get it when they can if you worry bout the farmer move it down the road a mile on a wide spot its easier to pick them up there any ways i see some of the places loggers leave there logs its bull if you dont have a way to stack them on the road somewhere then you need to get one  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Kansas

You have to be very careful about stacking them in the ditches. I know one logger who's insurance company had to pay thousands because he did just that. Guy driving at night, drunk, went off the road and hit the ditch. The logs were in there. He sued. Road maintainers and county commisioners kind of frown on it too.

CX3

Guys they have 9 log buyers that are swamped all day long buying logs.  They have about 5 trucks picking logs up all over 5 states.  Obviously they are going to be a little slow in getting the logs out.  I always ask the landowner if the logs need moved asap, if so I tell the buyer and they are gone in 2 weeks everytime.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Thank You Sponsors!