iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My poor sawmill.........

Started by gator gar, October 17, 2010, 08:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gator gar

My mill is sitting out in my horse pasture, collecting dust. It's just pitiful!!!  It doesn't even have any gas in the tank.  Actually, all that is true, but I just wanted to stop by and say hello to eveyone. Haven't been on here in awhile. Been working a shutdown at a local refinery and had a couple of days off, before I go to the next job.

I hope eveyone is doing fine and enjoying this cooler weather. I know I am. I know I am missing sawing wood too. I tried to get Boman 1 to let me come back to work with him, but he couldn't give me an answer as soon as I needed it, so I got rolled over to another refinery til December. Been working some long hours, everyday of the week. Making some really good money, but missing that sawdust.

Gonna have to ride out and see Bo in the morning to try out his new blade sharpener and visit with him a little. I'll talk to ya'll later......

GG

Okrafarmer

:D Well, stash that money away, your sawmill will be waiting for you when you get back.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Buck

Dude, I thought you went off to Russia. I was looking forward to those pics.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

gator gar

Russia has been delayed at least til the end of November or later. The crew over there has some issues over taking pics of a nuclear sub that is bring built near the rig. So, who knows when I'm heading out. I couldn't sit around and starve, so I'm working all I can.

terrifictimbersllc

Good luck to you G-G.  Just more good evidence someone at WM needs to make a sawing video game.   :P :P :P Choose your mill, your logs, cut em how you want, sell em , make money, buy more equipment at WM site etc etc, talk about it on the FF.  Even  have virtual mice chewing the virtual wires & visits by virtual Jeff, Bibby & Magic 8) 8) 8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Banjo picker

If there are horses in that pasture he may not need any virtual mice. :o  I won't even leave a bulldozer in there with them.. ;)   Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Buck

TT, I have been able to resist the Dang farmville craze but I think I would have to try that one.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

terrifictimbersllc

I bet you would anyone who sits for an hour or so on the FF after they get up or before they go to bed would be playing the sawing game for another hour or two :D :D. 

If WM sponsors this and I think we should put it to a vote 8) 8),  it would only be generous of them if they would make it for every type of mill not just band mill and every type of bandmill too that way people can see the WM advantage for themselves ;) ;) 8) 8)   Also include water powered up down sawmills and pit saws.   And throw in wood grading too  also sawing stressed wood and shorts that aren't clamped well pop out and ruin the blade. And hitting metal.  If two people were having an online shootout you could use some of your points to put insulators in the other guy's logs 8) 8) 8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

gator gar

Sounds like a really cool video game. I'd be sure to do some computer sawing too. Somebody really does need to look in to something like this.

Meadows Miller

Gday

A Nice Thought  ;) ;D But nothing Beats the Real Thing Boys   ;) The smells ,grain n features  , creating a sustainable product and noise and being covered in dust ,sap an oil blood sweat n  tears and all the other fun stuff that goes with it  ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Gator I feel for you not gettn your fix  :( :'( But  Im sure you will be back having another crack at it sooner than you think Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8)

and Im with Tim (Bp) fully on getting that mill outa the horse paddock Asap too Mate

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!