iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How small diameter do you burn?

Started by Spike60, December 28, 2023, 04:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoginyHill

I think Mike Belben has a rig where it's hinged near the powerhead, but cuts on top, so the tip is out of the way when not cutting and the chips are blown away, rather than toward the operator.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

SwampDonkey

I keep a very small fire for the grow tent, 2 or 3 little round sticks. Don't need no fire heat at all up in the living room or great room on the second floor. Bright sunny day will deliver 85F degrees free of charge. In fact a window will be going up shortly. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ihookem

I  cut down to 2" . The reason is, cause I dont like it laying all over the place. SOmetimes I stack the smaller stuff up and cut 10 at a time . it is all BTU's. In the spring time, when I only burn once every 2 days or so,by then , I am sick and tired of burning my good wood so I just go out and find popple branches to make a quick fire to get the floor warm  ( radiant floor) 

Thank You Sponsors!