iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New customer

Started by Bruno of NH, August 27, 2019, 06:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Wants to drive over and look at the firewood he would be buying  :D :D
I said OK ::)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Hilltop366

Sell him some lumber while you got him there! ;D

jimbarry

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 27, 2019, 06:48:58 AM
Wants to drive over and look at the firewood he would be buying  :D :D
I said OK ::)
I get that a lot too. There's something about a person seeing their firewood already stacked and split, its like a guaranteed sale. 

Roxie

That is a beautiful sight! 
Say when

Bert

Thats a great looking firewood setup! 

I actually encourage new customers to come check out the wood they will be getting before I deliver. Last thing I want to do is drive it around and hear complaints about it being to wet, too long, too short, too round, too flat etc.
Saw you tomorrow!

Bruno of NH

I stack mine in racks too.
When he comes he will see a measured cord
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Corley5

I encourage site visits by customers.  They can see how it's done, the wood in raw form before processing, and a sample of the final product.  I will not waste time and effort stacking wood.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

GRANITEstateMP

I've had some folks come and see how we do it, so they know what they're getting, maybe 1 in 5?

JimBarry, that is a nice neat, and clean yard you got there!

We don't do too much dry wood, heck we didn't put up any this year!  When we do, it's stacked, to a measured cord.  I usually end up paying somebody between $20 and $25 a cord to stack wood to dry.  I then sit on it for a year.  Dry / seasoned wood in my part of NH is usually good for between $100 and $125 a cord more than green wood.  Between paying the person to stack, or my time stacking, and then reloading the trailer, I'm having a hard time justifying all the extra time, and me sitting on a "investment" for 1plus years to make the extra money?  When we're doing green wood, a trailer or truck is backed under the conveyor, when that has a cord in it, down the road it goes, not as much $$$, but no waiting on my $$$ either.  

Dry / Seasoned wood used to be my X-mass money fund, this year I'll have to just move a little more green wood for that extra money!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!