iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

zetor 6245 tractor

Started by 47sawdust, October 21, 2017, 07:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

Looking for feedback on a model 6245 Zetor.Anybody own one or other Zetors?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

landscraper

I had a zetor about 15-20 years ago - very tough tractor., a 5540? maybe, about 50-60hp 4wd , can't remember the exact model #.  Lacked any frills whatsoever.  The trans/axles had straight cut gears not helical so it really whined when I roaded it anywhere.  But, it was strong and tough, did a lot of discing with it after I grubbed cutover.  Took a long time to get parts,  they came from Ukraine or Belarus I think. 
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Holmes

I had the 4wd ,5245 used, it was an 1984 worked great for the 5 years I had it.  I traded it in for a Zetor 6441 4wd with cab in 2005. The 6441 has been excellent .It has the shuttle shift that you need to clutch to go from F to R.  Parts are available thru Ridgeline? in Arkansas ? shipped out quickly. Ive only had to buy filters and a rear window about 400 hours in 12 years.
I really like my Zetor.:)
Think like a farmer.

whitepine2

I got me one had it for about 6 years,cab was burnt but 100$ fixed it up. I like it but find that the starter drags when battery is real low and don't kick out. I do think that is why it caught fire. I put in a kill switch as I have in all my tractors and this fixes that problem. It is almost impossible to get to the battery easy to disconnect in a hurry. I have had to replace most of the hydraulic Master and Slave but it had been sitting for awhile. It's nothing fancy
but has all the power I need with a 12 speed tranny plenty of range for whatever I think it's 62 HP I've got the shop and parts manuals which come in very handy but not cheep but well worth having when ya don't have any experience with the tractor. I did put in a new starter but this battery thing still persists so I'd really advise a good kill switch could be my tractor but why take a chance for a $30 switch a fire extinguisher would be a good idea as well.  Hope this helps  W.C.W.   

Holmes

Whitepine2. Check your ground connections to the frame and motor. If they are not clean it will give you those problems.
Think like a farmer.

whitepine2

Quote from: Holmes on October 23, 2017, 10:27:51 PM
Whitepine2. Check your ground connections to the frame and motor. If they are not clean it will give you those problems.
Yes I have done that its when the battery is low the solenoid don't release as it should I have replaced it and have a good alternator when everything is good no trouble
the kill switch takes care of disconnect if necessary.
                          Thanks for the advice.   W.C.W.   

Thank You Sponsors!