iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Canada Federal Election

Started by SwampDonkey, January 23, 2006, 10:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowzuki

Oops :D Shoulda drank my coffee this am.  It does remind me of some good words of wisdom for Canadians and North Dakota inhabitants. Buddy Whats his Name and the Other Fellers sang it few years back,

"Peeing in the snow and looking down the hole is the closest thing to spring time that I will ever know"

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 26, 2006, 09:23:41 AM
That was in reference to buddy what's his name and the other feller. ;)

treeboy

Quote from: mometal77 on January 26, 2006, 02:21:07 AM
One thing i wish canada would change is the metric system it has that place all messed up.  Its like asking americans to be charged per quart for gasoline. If people where smart they would go to the states to fill up and back across the border.

Hey if the Americans changed their system like they were suppose to maybe the Hubble would have worked better. :o :o I'm sure the metric signs and such are still in storage somewhere in the States, they just have to pull them out.  ;)

I live 5 kilometres from the Peace Arch crossing (or 3 miles). People do go over for gas - or used to - you save about .20 cents a litre, but waste a 1/2 hour of your time, if you're lucky. Its kind of like a crap shoot now, you can be delayed at either border crossing and you pretty much need a passport to go south. Plus with the Canadian border guards running away from their post now, it's kind of hard to get home. :D :D

SwampDonkey

One thing i wish canada would change is the metric system it has that place all messed up.

I don't think that did it.  ::)

Its like asking americans to be charged per quart for gasoline.

Doesn't matter how it's sold, it's still too high. And if we went by the gallon it would be 8 oz more than state side.  ::)

QuoteIf people where smart they would go to the states to fill up and back across the border.

I guess we're just dumb Canucks, eh?  :D

QuoteI need to add more pics of the job in vancover.  That place is booming with work Alberta is going to be big in the next ten years. Starting pay i was hearing from a guy whos kid just went there is 125k canadian a year maybe i should go there instead of working in vancover.

Hmm, let's see......What was you complaining about?

QuoteLike i have said before if china is allowed to invest in that place meaning the oil in the dirt up there.  You just better put up a white flag.

Meaning what? Prey tell.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Murf

I am glad he won maybe he will get rid of abortion and the rights/marriages for gays.

Maybe he could deport everybody not born here while he's at it.  ::)  ::)

That place is booming with work ......

Like i have said before if china is allowed to invest in that place meaning the oil in the dirt up there. You just better put up a white flag.

Yeah, we wouldn't want all that pesky investment money, it would just pump up our economy, destroy unemployment, prolly even cause interest rates ta' go down ........  ::)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

treeboy

Quote from: Murf on January 26, 2006, 04:14:53 PM
Maybe he could deport everybody not born here while he's at it. ::) ::)

Hey Murf why would you want to do that? Living in Vancouver I quite enjoy the Canadian Mosaic, besides if you want to punish someone sent them to T.O. the center of the universe ;) :D ;D

Murf

That's the problem with da internet, ya' can't see how far inta my cheek my tongue is stuck.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

pappy

So what's up with Red Green .. the show got canned  :P

that blows  :( my lunch hour just ain't da same no moe 
at least I had reruns  >:(

I say Red Green for Governor  :D He's got time now
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!