iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New improved ATV timber forwarding trailer

Started by gav0994, January 21, 2013, 06:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gav0994

Thought I'd stick up a few photos of my new ATV tandem axle four wheeler trailer for hauling timber

All welded up with my 190Amp mig and galvanised afterwards. The tandem axles are pivoted on 1 1/4 round steel pins through brass bushes with stainless washers either side of the pin and secured with a split pin. I also fitted a 360* swivel hitch for added safety on rough ground and slopes. The top half of the stakes are removable as I'm planning on making up a removable flatbed deck at a later date to make it more useful when not needing to haul timber.

thecfarm

Looks like you did a mighty fine job.Show us some pictures of it loaded too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Looks good. Does this go with your other ATV trailer posted previous? Or replace it?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,57653.msg837791.html#msg837791

And by timber, I assume you are talking logs (not sawn timbers). How far do you bring the logs with the ATV? A pic of a load of logs would be great too.

Nice job with a very neat build.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gav0994

This replaces the old one.  We only run the logs around a half mile from the woods to our yard, but access is tight and only an ATV can get them out!  Will hopefully get some photos up soon, however I've had some pretty serious offers to sell it already!  So i might not even get it used :) and will just have to build another one!

Ljohnsaw

Very nice!  I like that it is galvinized, but where in the world do you go to get it dipped?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

tempforce

i like it... been thinking along the same lines only for hauling sand and rock. adding a dump feature...
cleaning up wildfire damage...
making lumber and siding out of wildfire damaged trees.

gav0994

Quote from: ljohnsaw on January 21, 2013, 05:42:52 PM
Very nice!  I like that it is galvinized, but where in the world do you go to get it dipped?

I just drop it off at my steel supplier here in Scotland and they take it to the galvanising plant whenever they are taking stuff up from their fab shop!  Keeps it nice and cheap as they get great rates.

Quote from: tempforce on January 21, 2013, 05:45:15 PM
i like it… been thinking along the same lines only for hauling sand and rock. adding a dump feature...

I'm thinking along the same lines for the next one.  Had some good offers already to sell this one so going to make up a new one with a facility for fitting a small jib with a winch to aid loading and a dump bed.

g_man

Really nice job. Is that front screen movable along the shaft ? It almost looks it.

gav0994

Quote from: g_man on January 22, 2013, 04:40:34 PM
Really nice job. Is that front screen movable along the shaft ? It almost looks it.

you saw right! The front headboard is adjustable by approx 2feet to facilitate different log lengths so they aint hanging out the back getting hung up on stuff!

Thank You Sponsors!