iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good Deal on a Woodmizer LT40 G24

Started by epiphoneprs, April 14, 2011, 11:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epiphoneprs

I need a little guidance. I have the opportunity to buy this mill at a what I think is a good price. What is the best way for me to check on the value. I don't know the exact year but I think it is an early 2000's or late 90's model. It only has 40 hours on it. It is in good working condition. Any ideas on what the selling price should be?
Thanks
Hugh

Chuck White

I would suggest you contact Wood-Mizer, they can give you a "ball-park" figure on the value of the mill in question.

I tried to find it on their site, but just could, but there is a place on Wood-Mizers site where you can do "plug-ins" and the estimated value of the mill will automatically be figured!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

moosehunter

Woodmizer helped me with the "Orange book value" when I was buying my used unit. Call 'em.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Mooney

Hi there,
Like the other guys are saying, give our customer service guys a call and they'll give you a pretty good idea on what the value for that mill is.  They help guys buying and selling used mills all the time.  Their number is 800.525.8100 .
Good luck, hope you get a good deal.

trapper

welcome and thanks.I put the # in my mill manual for my wife in case of my demise.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Magicman

Quote from: trapper on April 15, 2011, 09:32:11 AM
I put the # in my mill manual for my wife in case of my demise.  

Someone else just might want it.  It would go nicely with this......"log arch made by stepson".    ;)   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

WM_portable_sawmills welcome to the forum. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!