iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just a flower

Started by Larry, November 27, 2020, 11:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

I keep making these things with different variations on color and shape.  This one is 20" in diameter and is headed to Big Pine Key Florida to be wall art.

The wood is black cherry and came to me in 30 - 40" logs from a tornado that hit Rogers Arkansas in October 2019.  Such big trees had a history.  Most went to live edge slabs but I saved out a few small chunks to turn on the lathe.  Hard maple center was off my property.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Andries

Beautiful work Larry.
Outstanding!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

AK Newbie

Wow! Amazing work, such precision.
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

thecfarm

WOW!!! Mighty WOW!!!!
I knew you had more talent than just running a sawmill.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Walnut Beast

Absolutely beautiful Larry 👍. Very nice work

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Downstream

Beautiful work.  I'm always amazed at the different things coming off the lathe when you have a skilled operator.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

69bronco

(Just) a flower! I don't think so.. that's something to be proud of!

Dan_Shade

That's very nice. 

Do you have a jig set up to cut the grooves with a router on your lathe?

I used to subscribe to American Woodturner.  I always wondered how a lot of that stuff could be made on a lathe.... 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Den-Den

That is an inspirational piece.  Thank you for posting your beautiful work!
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

Larry

Thanks for all the nice comments. :)

Dan, I do have a router jig to cut the slots on the lathe.  I use a trim router and the lathe can index up to 48 divisions.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bill Gaiche

21incher

That is just amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

Wow, your work is incredible. :) 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!