iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to Forum

Started by tmullen, November 30, 2005, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmullen

Hello all

My wife and I bought a lucas 618 about a year ago and have been staying prety busy with it.
I spent my early years working with my dad on his MD and then left to work falling timber in redwood country were i grew up. When the timber market started declining in the early 90s I decided to go to the dark side and took a government job fighting wildland fire here in northern California. Now that we got the mill and I'm fallin timber again on the side it sure feels good to be back in the timber buissness at least on a part time basis. Any way i'm looking forward to sharing info and stories in the future and thank for this great tool for bouncing ideas.

tmullen ;D
when in doubt
fire out

Frank_Pender

We are gaining, here on the Left Coast.  Welcome Tmullen.  As Charlie would say, or is that Tom, pull  up a stump and set a while.
Frank Pender

pappy

welcome tmullen,

anxious to hear some more stories  8)  We all got tales ta tell ya know   ;)

got pics?? we really like Pics  8) 8) 8)

northern Cal WOW!!  :o :o

can I (we) come visit ???

Northern Maine gets kinda cold this time of year don't ch'a know  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

logwalker

Welcome Tmullen,
Good to hear more from the West Coasters. I was in Northern Oregon most of my life except for a couple years on my grandaddy's farm in Pocahontas, Arkansaw. And three years in the Feather River area of the Sierras making firewood when I was young and didn't know much better. :D  It will be good to hear some of your experiences. What areas of NoCal are you working in?   Logwalker
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Part_Timer

welcome to the forum

Glad to see another swing blade joining the ranks.  We're closing the gap on those band folks ;D

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

tmullen

Live and play in placer county not to far from tahoe work in mariposa county not far from yosemite. lots and losts of drive mile a year.
when in doubt
fire out

Don K

Welcome  Tmullen  You'll like it here.   :)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

solodan

welcome Tmullen,  you go right past my neck of the woods. I'm in Tuolumne County  about 20 minutes into the mountains from Sonora. Where do you work in Mariposa? that's one long drive from placer county. The part between Sonora and Mariposa is a nightmare. I have fun with my Lucas too.

Lud

Howdy Tmullen!  This place is like goin' down to the truckstop and sittin' around the breakfast counter with eight or nine hundred folks who'll know the answers  to your posers.

Learn the search function and check out all the boards.

Good to have ya "on board"! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

crtreedude

And people don't mind repeating themselves either... Does that mean we are getting old?

"When I was a boy..."  :D

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Dakota

Tmullen,

Great to have another swinger on board.  You'll find a wealth of knowledge here on the forum.
Dakota
Dave Rinker

brdmkr

Hey tmullen,

I have a Lucas 618 myslef.   Welcome to the forum.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

BigTrev

If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

pep

Welcome aboard Tmullen

Glad to have another Lucas owner here.  I have alot fun with my 827 up here in the Great White North, mind you when the temp gets to -20 to -35C we don't do much sawing.

Cheers

Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

TN_man

Just pass on our welcome to ya :)
We are always glad to have another swinger on board.
I have learned so much here and know you will too.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

PawNature

Quote from: crtreedude on December 01, 2005, 09:18:19 AM
And people don't mind repeating themselves either... Does that mean we are getting old?

"When I was a boy..." :D

In my 110 yr old feebel voice "Yea I remember when we use to walk 10 miles to school in 10' snow drifts. Up hill both ways"

Welcome T
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!