iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Piecing together an 029 and an 056 saw

Started by NisquallyLS, November 15, 2011, 04:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NisquallyLS

Hey guys,
  I'm a new member of the forestry forum and look forward to picking everyone's brains.  This looks like a really active site with all sorts of involved posters.  I am soon to be a proud owner of a large cardboard box full of 029 chainsaws (3) excluding bar and chain.  I was really hoping to get a hold of a service repair manual so I could create my Frankenstein 029.  Does anyone have a link to a service manual for an 029?  I also have an 025 and an 056 that I'd like a repair manual for?  This is a lot to ask for from a newbie, I know, but I promise to praise your name to the chainsaw gods...  One other thing, does anyone know of a good place I can get a hold of an OEM (or equivalent) 056 electronic ignition?  I heard the one that Bailey's sells is good but not as good as the original.  The one at the Stihl parts store was 200+ bucks!! I laughed at the salesman.  He couldn't help but chuckle too.

JustWondering

Stihl 026
Stihl 036
Stihl ms460
Stihl ms 660
Stihl 045 Super (24")
TimberWolf TW5

Al_Smith

If I'm not mistaken you can down load the owners manuals though Stihl's web site .The IPL's a lot of people have .The actual service or shop manuals the almighty Stihl likes to keep a close reign on .

The only ones I have are on micro fiche and I have no way of copying them .

NisquallyLS

Thanks guys,
  I appreciate the lead on the 056 part.  Thanks Al for filling me in on the Service Manual deal. I sure wish that Stihl didn't hold onto those service manuals so tightly.  GRRR.

Al_Smith

For what ever reason it's just Stihls policy .I think it is to protect dealers for being the  only ones with the knowledge to work on the saws or products .

Unfortunately for Stihl that has not proven very successful though because in spite of them we get the machines running with their help or without .You know in some cases even better than they were originally which I'm sure makes old Andries Stihl roll over in his grave .Being German and smart but arrogant he evidently never heard of yankee inginuity so evidently he wasn't a student of history .Made a good product though .I give the old boy that . ;D

Bandmill Bandit

Think he might actually sit up in his grave and applaud the "users" ingenuity. German/european lawyers are just as stupid and North American lawyers. One word applies here! LIABILITY!

Wonder how long it will be till the Chain Saw Police start confiscating our saws because we modified them to actually run properly?

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

NisquallyLS

Thanks for the input Bandmill Bandit,  I'll watch out for the applauding late great Andries Stihl turned out of his grave by his lawyers.  With all due respect to Andries, I prefer to keep my undead interactions to a minimum.   
As far as his German/European mafioso lawyers, I'll keep my Frankenstein modified saws looking as normal as possible.  Hopefully that will keep me in the clear...
And Al,  Although I can't claim any Yankee ingenuity, I can tell you that my Norwegian stubbornness gets me in all kinds of trouble..

Paul_H

Quote from: Al_Smith on November 29, 2011, 02:33:25 PM
Unfortunately for Stihl that has not proven very successful though because in spite of them we get the machines running with their help or without .You know in some cases even better than they were originally which I'm sure makes old Andries Stihl roll over in his grave .Being German and smart but arrogant he evidently never heard of yankee inginuity

Al,

I don't think you could have taught Andreas a single thing about ingenuity. ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Bandmill Bandit

smiley_roller smiley_roller smiley_roller

I am still laughing nisquallyLS. I can fully understand what you are saying! and you didnt even write it in GERMAN!

I am so German my head has square corners.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Ed

Quote from: JustWondering on November 15, 2011, 06:06:29 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-Bosch-ign-flywheel-Model-045-056-/200399112833?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ea8b7ca81
buy it now is $ 67.00 with shipping and handling saves you a lot over the store

That is the flywheel only, its the module that usually dies on the Bosch ignitions. They are no longer available.

Ed

clww

I have two 056 saws currently. Send me a PM and I'll get with you.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!