iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timberjack 240A

Started by missouri_logger, December 25, 2008, 12:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missouri_logger

i was offered a chance to buy a 240 a timberjack cable skidder with a detroit engine and a manual 4 speed tranny 80s model skidder would like any advice possible on the skidder any good or bad would like to know what you all think thanks 8)

missouri_logger

am i the only one who has found one of these :'(

Maineloggerkid

My freind runs one, and it is a nice machine. They are fairly powerful, and are usually cheap. Just check the normal things that you would on any skidder, and always run it before you buy it.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

capt n cutz

Screaming Detroit, they r loud!  What's the price tag? 18" or 23" tires?
So...You want to be a Logger? eh!

missouri_logger

23 inch tires and 10000 is starting price  8)

MaineLogger

Is it in the woods running now?If it has been sitting check the brakes and winch,If it's a Gearmatic winch they tend to pull out hard after sitting but will loosen up after some use.
Check the cradle and center pins too.
Even if it needs a few things 10k is a good deal.
IMO 200 series Timberjacks are the best cable skidders ever built.
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

missouri_logger

yes its runnin now the winch works great and brakes are good also it is a gearmatic winch too is that a good thing

MaineLogger

I've had good luck with them.This 240 sounds like a good deal to me.If it was in Maine it would already be sold. ;)
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

Kodiakmac

I agree with MaineLogger: 200 series TJs are the best cable skidders ever built...and this is from a guy who is running a JD!

However, there is no way a 240 in decent shape would go for $10K USD on this side of the '45'.  All I can say is, Check 'er out b'ye!
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Tombstone

10 g is a good price. I started out on a 240, and it was a great machine even when it was tired, so if this thing looks okay and operates well go for it!
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

semologger

What part of Mo you from? Welcome abroard the forum. Ive seen lots of 240s but never ran one of them.

missouri_logger

i am about and hour south of kansas city out in the country buy the kansas missouri line thanks

missouri_logger

yeah hey semologger i looked at your piks what size of skidder you running the it looks like a timberjack 200 series but with a grapple fill me in i would like to put a grpple on my 240 if possible thanks

semologger

We was running a 450 Timber jack. We have a 648E Deere now It will blow the TJ away. There are ways of putting grapples on cable rigs we put one on a C5C Treefarmer. But if you are looking for a grapple skidder you can still get one for the price you are looking at. I sold my TJ in the pitchure for around 7,000. Sometimes you can find good deals. I got one for my John deeere

stonebroke

I think they offered 240s with grapples.

Stonebroke

Hans 1

To all of those using TJ skidders in the midwest  who could be recomended  for parts. I am still looking for a t case for an older 225. Any help is apprecaited . I am located in southern iowa.

semologger

There is a place called schaefer enterprises thats a forestry junkyard they ship all over. http://www.sewlparts.com/default.aspx this is the web site. They are located in wolf lake il. They have always done me right on parts. They do have 225 parts.

Hans 1

Thanks semologger i will call them tomarrow. Have a great new year.

capt n cutz

Quote from: missouri_logger on December 28, 2008, 02:22:13 AM
23 inch tires and 10000 is starting price  8)

So, do you own it yet?  Seems to be a good deal!
So...You want to be a Logger? eh!

missouri_logger

yep i won it and it runs perfect

Ironman

Missouri Logger,

You are near where I was born, in Springfield (actually in Brighton).  My last name is Sewell.  My dad was born in KC MO and growing up some of the locals used to call the farmland near Brighton where we lived 'Sewell County'.

I actually met a guy here in Columbia and when I told him my name he said, "You must be from Springfield MO."

I hope all is well there.

Jesse Sewell
Ironmart Sales
888-561-1115

timberjackpa

If that TJ is In good shape i feel its worth 20000 usd I think you have the best set-up 4-53 detroit gear-a-matic 19. its a fuel sipper!!

missouri_logger

yes its in really good shape i have been using it 6 weeks strait trying to get redy for the rainy season and its never let me down yet knok on wood alls its used is fuel but it sure does work good

Tombstone

hope it keeps workin well for ya', keep loggin!
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Thank You Sponsors!