iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Men and Technology

Started by steamsawyer, January 14, 2012, 06:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamsawyer

Well I just proved that what I don't know about computers would fill a really big book.

I think I just accedentaly deleted all the pictures in my gallery... Sorry.  :(  I'll try to get around to fixing it someday. Right now I'm way too frustrated.  >:(

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Jeff

I'd certainly appreciate an attempt to restore the photos sooner than "Someday".

It will take me many hours to download the latest backup, then find the photos that were deleted. If you added photos since the last backup, I can get those, and I also can not restore the album to the gallery, because when you deleted the album, it removes the database entries for it as well. The best I can do is make thew photos reappear in the forum, but I can never restore your gallery the way it was. Only you can do that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

eastberkshirecustoms

Quote from: steamsawyer on January 14, 2012, 06:23:52 PM
Well I just proved that what I don't know about computers would fill a really big book.

I think I just accedentaly deleted all the pictures in my gallery... Sorry.  :(  I'll try to get around to fixing it someday. Right now I'm way too frustrated.  >:(

Alan
Are you 100% positive that you did it? I ask because I went to my gallery today and noticed my entire bandmill album was gone.

shelbycharger400

all of mine are their... even the ones i want to delete, but i dont because they apply to a thread asking questions.

Jeff

Albums don't just disappear. They can only be deleted by an admin, or someone logged in on a given user account. Eastberkshirecustoms, If you are convinced that you did not delete anything, or somehow inadvertently delete anything, you need to change your password ASAP.

steamsawyer

Jeff,

I just built a new album for my gallery. I hope this is ok. I didn't realize it would cause a problem, I just accedentally hit the wrong button I guess. I am not familiar with the whole process yet but I'll try to study it again. I was trying to upload a picture with a post I made on the for sale thread. I thought it went to the wrong place and tried to delete it. I guess I dumped out the whole album. I don't think I had any photos tied into any other posts so maybe everything will work out alright. As far as I am concerned don't worry about trying to find the pictures just for me, I got a jillion of 'em.

Again, I apologize for the agravation.  :(

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Alan Rudd

Jeff

I've actually went in and changed the text on button that deletes an album since this happened. Now instead of saying "DELETE"  It says "STOP! DONT DELETE ALBUM!!"   :)

Hopefully this helps stop the inadvertent deletion of an album. It could happen to anybody the way it was.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Now where was this STOP BUTTON before I committed suicide 2 months ago?  :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

steamsawyer

Quote from: Jeff on January 15, 2012, 08:22:08 PM
I've actually went in and changed the text on button that deletes an album since this happened. Now instead of saying "DELETE"  It says "STOP! DONT DELETE ALBUM!!"   :)

Hopefully this helps stop the inadvertent deletion of an album. It could happen to anybody the way it was.  :)

I thought something looked different. :-\ I don't think it will happen again.

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 15, 2012, 08:28:28 PM
Now where was this STOP BUTTON before I committed suicide 2 months ago?  :D :D :D :D :D

I hate it when I accidentally commit sewer pipes... Happens all the time. :-[

Alan

Alan Rudd

Jeff

I found a way to completely remove the album delete button.  In order to delete an album, you will now have to request it from me.  I just wish I could hide my own button. I can see how easy it can be to delete an album when you think you are deleting the last photo you uploaded.

beenthere

I like that Jeff. Came real close a few times with that Delete button so prominent. Thanks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Shotgun

This is heavy, Jeff.  Now we'll know for sure who to blame.    ;D   Be careful, verry, verry careful.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Thank You Sponsors!