iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Central Boiler e-Classic 2300 online

Started by JJ, December 24, 2008, 05:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Hi,
I enjoyed reading the experience and posting of others with e-Classic OWB.
Mine came on line November 29, day after Thanksgiving.

I have not had very much trouble until today (will get to that).

I have been burning mostly large split hemlock cut to 26"; big logs, but burns through this very quickly.  My learning and experiance so far:

1: I Load stove 2x a day, but fill it.  every time I open stove and add wood (in between), it takes longer than normal to recover.

2: load large logs near bottom to keep log bridging to minimum.  Loading with bark down helps.

3: stand behind door when opening stove, or be ready to duck in case of fire-ball.

I have added the OWB as alternative to my pretty new oil boiler system, which is presurized using 50 plate heat exchange; and has been working great! even with all 5 zones calling had no problem keeping up @-6 and windy, which was a surprise given the thermal pex (sold as 1") was actually 3/4" inside.  I was worried that the heat exchange would not be enough for lack of enough water. 

What I have noticed is baseboard plumbing is much quieter, and response to call for heat is almost instant, as the water in the oil boiler and heat manufold is always hot.  before with call for heat the circulator pump would first move cold water through baseboards, now is always around 180F.

My problem today was with chimney cap.  Wood boiler was clearly having bad day, with smoke coming out of all cracks.  I had spark arestor (screen) on cap, and after about 4 weeks, had become almost completly clogged.  With pole saw, was able to pull the screen off, and now stove feels much better.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Posting Photos to the Forestry Forum

logwalker

Welcome to the forum, JJ. I have a Tarm 40 that I will be switching into service sometime soon. It needs to warm up first around here. The Admin want all photos to be in your gallery so they don't get lost down the road. A little bit of a learning curve but not bad. There is a tutorial sticky in the Behind The Forum catagory. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

JJ

Thanks for advice.

I am now able to post pic of the OWB hookup to inside heating system.
In top foundation wall in picture there is stub end of thermo-pex, which converts to copper.

Right side of pic, next to door I mounted the flat plate heat exchanger to wall with shelf brackets, and this ends the OWB water loop.

wrap around pump is between water tank and water pump (blue expansion tank), and keeps continuious circulation feeding hot water into cold return manufold.
Keeping hot water in oil furnace keeps the oil burner off, as it is set to 172 deg, while OWB is set to 187 deg.

JJ

Thank You Sponsors!