iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OREGON vs. FLORIDA STATE / ALABAMA VS. OHIO STATE / OREGON vs. OHIO

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 01, 2015, 08:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

I am LOVING IT! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
:new_year:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

free tv , but I would've paid to see a duck smoke a Winston!  wish I could get the late game,  bama vs buckeyes. now this has to be the match of matches.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

clww

Hopefully it will be a better game. I like both Ohio State and Alabama, so I just want to see a close game.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Yep.....hopefully Alabama and Ohio St.  game will be a GAME.
59-20 sent me to the Golf Channel.  :D

beenthere

The buckeyes are getting roasted.. so far. Three touchdowns to their two field goals.

QB Winston was having big trouble getting focused for the play calls. Really squinting to the sidelines to try to see what he was supposed to see.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on January 01, 2015, 10:24:12 PM

Really squinting to the sidelines to try to see what he was supposed to see.

I noticed that.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

beenthere

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Two touchdowns for buckeyes does make a game... 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandhills

Just got in on the second half but that was a good game.

terry f

Have to love the mini playoffs, without them FSU would have played Alabama for the championship, and the Ducks would have played OSU for Rose Bowl bragging rights. Maybe they play real football outside the SEC. Didn't think Oregon D could play with FSU, they surprised me. This will be the closest thing to a real championship they ever had, unless you are a TCU fan.

Gadrock

My teams did not perform well at all. Seems like playing the wrong card at the wrong time...it keeps geetin worse.

I get up rather early so the late times that are played makes it difficult for me to finish the game.

And the winning teams were exhibiting good sportmanship...for the most part. That is something that is missing in the games today...sportmanship. You all know wherre it comes from and visibly you can pick out those un-sportsmen. Good thing it is not left up to me, as those asses would be paying the troll !

Years ago Bear Bryant and others would not tollerate that. Years ago Arizona restarted a complete program without that problem. Many other schools that are un-named have a quality program teaching men to be men, a great sports. You do not see that on tv, or NFL tonight, or Bryant GumbALL.

And as a sideline armchair monday  coach, let's play ball...fairly.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

chain

I was pulling for Ole Miss only because we have a granddaughter who is a student there. Amusing, that TCU picked apart a very good Rebel defense but were criticized for taunting the Ole Miss team with the "land-shark" sign.The "land-shark" sign is supposed to be a Ole Miss original, a defensive gesture given on vicious hits against the opponent, and meant to intimidate. If I were coach I'd never allow such bad sportsmanship, My opinion.

Ron Wenrich

Seems that would be taunting, and draw a yellow flag.  I wonder where you draw the line between taunting and showboating.  Those pro  players make a big deal out of making a good play.  They each have their own little dance.  I always thought that's what they get paid to do.  I'm glad the college boys don't do that.

I think there is a lot of good sportsmanship at the college level.  There seem to be more Bozos out there now than in the past.  That comes from the coaching staff not instilling the necessary discipline.  This year, Maryland decided they wouldn't shake hands at the beginning of their game with PSU.  In years past, those boys would be sitting on the pine for the duration of the game.  Now it's accepted behavior.  There was even talk it was encouraged.

But, I do see guys shaking hands at the end of a contest, no matter the outcome.  It even happens amoung the fans.  It only takes a few rotten apples.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SawyerBrown

My sports idol is Walter Payton, not only because he was an unbelievable athlete (and a Bear!), but because he earned the nickname "Sweetness".  He'd see a big linebacker coming at him, and he'd give him the old stiff-arm, or just lower his shoulder and knock the guy flat on his keyster ... and then reach down and help him up, no showboating, no taunting.  When was the last time you saw that in any game?
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

WDH

FS showed a lack of class when 70% of the players went straight to the Locker Room and did not shake hands with the Oregon players. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

sadly that behavior is found in everyday life anymore ;)i have quit following sports because of the showboating or taunting and just general disrespect . sorry, i'll step off my box now :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Banjo picker

I am looking for a good game between  Oregon and Ohio....Ohio State did not quit when things looked pretty bleak...I said to myself you will not win this game kicking field goals...but they came back strong.  Poston , I watched one of your hometown boys play last night...doing a pretty good job quarter backing for the cowboys from Ok.  How did he get that far from home?  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Buckshot00

clww

The final score of the Alabama-Ohio State game was a lot closer than the play on the field. The Buckeyes deserved the win.
I'll be pulling for them for the championship.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

grweldon

Quite simply, Alabama didn't show up.  Oh yeah, my two favorite teams are Alabama and whoever plays Ohio State.  GO DUCKS!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

SawyerBrown

Never thought I'd be rooting for Ohio State, but gotta go with the Big 10.  Go Buckeyes!  (cough ... hack ...)
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

grweldon

Quote from: SawyerBrown on January 07, 2015, 02:00:02 PM
Never thought I'd be rooting for Ohio State, but gotta go with the Big 10.  Go Buckeyes!  (cough ... hack ...)

No way!  Not the arch evil-enemy OSU!  (my second favorite team is the University of Michigan!) Go DUCKS!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thank You Sponsors!