iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to Forum - Old to Forestry

Started by Arborist, March 28, 2011, 12:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arborist

I am an old Stephen F. Austin (Nacogdoches) grad - attended SFA 1975 - 1979.  I have been on the Board of Directors of the Gateway and Trinity Blacklands Urban Forestry Councils.  I have worked for several N. Texas communities as the city forester/horticulturist.  I am currently working for the City of Terrell as the city planner.  Which is cool because I am in the process of revising the subdivision regulations and am redesigning the street sections to include a much wider parkway specifically to be pedestrian and tree friendly. I enjoy looking for champion trees and once had the pleasure of measuring the national champion black hickory. 

metalspinner

Welcome, Arborist!

It sounds like you have plenty to offer to the ForestryForum members.

I used to live in Dallas and enjoyed driving through east Texas.  It's beautiful country. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Texas Ranger

Hey, bub, fellow Texan here, consulting forester in Livingston, daughter went to SFA.  Welcome to the board.  Pull up a stump and look around, bunch of good folks here.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Welcome Arborist, to the Forestry Forum.  I'm going to have to remeasure and take some pictures of "my" Champion tree on my tree farm.  It is a Cherrybark Oak that is about 78" DBH if I remember correctly.  I have several over 60".  I love those big old trees that were on the place when my Great Grandfather originally bought it in 1899.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

WDH

I came to SFA in 1977 for the Forestry Conclave.  It rained 18" in 4 days :).  We were camping in the Davey Crockett NF  >:(.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

Welcome! I went to SFA for Conclave in 2005. We stayed in the Holiday Inn ;D

Sounds like you'll fit right in around here. There's a few of us around here that really get a kick out of searching for champion trees. I've got about 30 or 40 on the Georgia champion tree list and 3 or 4 national champions, but I haven't had the time to look for them in years :-\
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

metalspinner

Dodgy,
They are right where you left 'em.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

Welcome Arborist, I'm from the cold frozen north across all state lines.  I hope that it's legal. Northern Mexicans ya know. ;) Snowing here today, keeps the bugs away and the choppers grounded. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!