iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks to the Forestry Forum.......

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 03, 2013, 07:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Members meet, exchange stories and interest and a lot of times things click.
Here is a pick of member WARREN46 bringing a load of Red Oak to my mill. He stays aware of where trees are being sawn and intercepts them before they are hauled to the land fill. This tree came out of North Carolina.
Sometimes I saw for him and sometimes I buy from him. We would have never hooked up without the Forum.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on September 03, 2013, 07:33:03 PM
So when is the red oak project? ;D

:D :D :D Good one Jake.....I did think about it.

customsawyer

Well I am about to run out of left overs. digin1
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on September 03, 2013, 07:36:54 PM
Well I am about to run out of left overs. digin1

I'll send you some Pickled Peaches.  :D :D :D :D :D

amgont75

That is a nice load and a great story.  Its great to see how people create friendships on here and help each other out.
Andrew From Arizona

warren46

There must be a jinks about hauling logs out to York, SC.  The last load of logs I blew a tire on the trailer.  This afternoon just as I was getting on I-77 headed home empty the truck got all squirrelly and when I stopped (in a safe place) I discovered that a tire on the pickup was dead flat.  I picked up a nail somewhere.

I am very glad that it did not happen when I had 7000 lbs of logs on the trailer.  Got the tire changed and am home again after a nice shower.

It is nice to do business with Dave and expect to grow our relationship.

Warren

Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

wildbill

most important...

did he give you pickled peaches?

hopefully dad and i can figure out what to do with logs like that one of these days :)
Raider Bill's favorite son

WoodenHead

Those are some nice sized logs.  What will be made out of them?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WoodenHead on September 03, 2013, 08:33:10 PM
Those are some nice sized logs.  What will be made out of them?

First of all I'll flat saw the ends and Anchor Seal. And as soon as I get caught up on custom sawing, I'll probably slab these 8/4 live edge on the 2 BIG logs and Mantle saw the smaller one. WDH gave me some good ideas when I was in Georgia.   smiley_thumbsup

Chuck White

You're right David!

This forum brings lots of people together, both here on line and in person!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

slider

Watch him Warren he is a slickster .He was a car salesman before this gig .
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: slider on September 03, 2013, 08:53:54 PM
Watch him Warren he is a slickster .He was a car salesman before this gig .

I only sold cars little old Ladies drove to church on Sunday.  :D
I meant to ask you last week, how's the one I sold you?  move_it

julio

we could have dove and grit at the project 8)
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

LeeB

Julio, it ain't right if them doves come pre stuffed. They do like corn though.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

drobertson

We have talked to many folks on the forum, and it has all been good, but the laughs from the post have been worth the weight in gold,,  It seems like from the last pic I saw of Poston, he was re cooping from some good eating at the sycamore project,   he may not have the stamina for such a feat as a dove and grit project,   
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

(Note to Self:  David has nails on his log yard.....)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

julio

He is in the process of changing jobs from used car salesman to a tire salesman

red oaks lumber

used car salesman? i knew i smelt something wrong :) the cover scent of "grit in heat" threw me off. :D i should of know... awful slick david! :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on September 03, 2013, 09:29:51 PM
(Note to Self:  David has nails on his log yard.....)

smiley_curtain_peek

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: julio on September 03, 2013, 09:37:13 PM
He is in the process of changing jobs from used car salesman to a tire salesman

Good thought. I could sale 4/4 Ply, 6/4 Ply, 8/4 Ply.... :D

julio

Sixacresand

When I was kid, the saying was "you meet the nicest people on a Honda"   Now I think "you meet the nicest people who have a sawmill"
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

grweldon

I agree wholeheartedly!  Everyone I met at the Sycamore Project was extremely friendly!  Poston, I knew there was something fishy about you!  Used car salesman huh?   ;D
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Raider Bill

Used car salesman huh, now I know why I got all excited when he said he'd bring me poston pickled peaches.

But didn't..... :-\
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!