iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hood Loader 7000 lost swing

Started by mrlogger, November 26, 2013, 08:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrlogger

Was loading my firewood processor yesterday and my Hood 7000 swing just started free wheeling with gravity. Any input on what parts I need to fix would be appreciated. My guess is the basket next to operator seat where hydraulic swing motor mounts. Never dived into this mechanical portion of the loader, but it did not sound to good when I started her up

NWP

I don't know but I'll follow this as I have a Hood 7000 as well. What year is yours?

Also, welcome to the Forum mrlogger!
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

deastman

It sounds like something broke inside the swing gearbox. If it will swing but doesn't stop when you let off the pedal the swing brake is not workin. If it won't swing in either direction the swing motor shaft splines could be stripped. I would start by takin the swing motor off of the top of the gearbox. Leave the hoses hooked up and have someone push the swing pedal to see if the swing motor is workin. If it is then you need to look inside the gearbox. If you want to take the gearbox out it should have only four bolts at the base to remove, then it will lift up out of the frame. I think it has a coupling between the swing motor shaft and the gearbox shaft and that could also be your problem.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

plasticweld

This is going to sound stupid but it cost me almost a $1000 to figure out on my barko loader when the same thing happened. I have a small lever under my seat to disconnect the pump when you start it in cold weather, it is just a small lever under the seat I had never noticed, I hit with my foot. of coarse I did not learn this the easy way, first I had the pump rebuilt, then installed it, still did not work, ended up hauling the loader up to someone to look at it, He said he found nothing wrong with it, all he did was put it back in gear.   You might be luckier than me, other things to consider is do you have pressure off to the swing motor, if not work your way backwards, You should see pressure somewhere off the pump if not I would check to make sure you are getting hydraulic fluid to the pump, You may also  have a line or fitting sucking air not letting the pump keep its prime, Worse case scenario I would take the pump out and check the drive, mine has a key way it may be as simple as the key or the drive to the pump not working. I had a guy do my pump that did not need to be rebuilt and it was $600 plus a 1 week wait

smwwoody

Do any other functions on the loader work
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

plasticweld

The swing is a completely separate function on the loader, they run two different pumps one for the boom the other for the swing 

NWP

1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

CSeal

I am no expert on Hood loaders but the swing valve should be tied in with one bank or the other of the boom control valves.
Does the loader make any unusual noises when you press the swing lever now?

Thank You Sponsors!