iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Polebarn circulation

Started by tyb525, August 23, 2008, 03:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

I have a 70x40' polebarn with about 14' ceilings. Half of it has a new concrete floor and a ceiling. The other half is dirt floor and open trusses. It has regular vertical siding- mostly airtight but not completely. There is no insulation or anything.

My main question is, what is the best method to get decent airflow throughout the building? I'm mostly concerned with the concrete half, because that's where my workshop is. I want to have some airflow/ventilation To get rid of some of the dust, and to keep it from getting too humid in the summer, so my tools dont rust (as much) and my lumber doesn't absorb too much moisture.

I've thought of powervents, cutting a hole in the wall and putting a fan in, etc. Does anyone know of a good method to improve airflow/circulation?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Ironwood

I would recommend the power vent at the end of the gable, you can find some pretty nice used units with alminum  "flappers". I have found several at local used building material stores, demo guys , and scrap yards (all my normal shopping outlets for ANYTHING I need! ::))

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

tyb525

Thanks ironwood, I'll see if I cant find a couple around here.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ksu_chainsaw

Something with a fan to suck air out of the barn.  You might try looking around your area for a hog farm that has quit raising hogs.  They have lots of large blowers in them, so the sows do not overheat in the summer.

Charles

underdog

If you would like to do it the old way.
Add a functioning Cupola.
Here are some examples http://www.weathervanecupola.com/cat/cupolas.html

Thank You Sponsors!