iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

When work turns into Fun

Started by Weldrite, January 21, 2008, 12:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weldrite

Spent some time in my woods this weekend pulling firewood with my old Land Rover and a logging Arch.  Was able to pull enough firewood to help keep some friends warm as well.    Not a bad day when you set out to work and just end up having fun.  Cheers.

A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone.

sawguy21

That L/R pickup cool, sure don't see many of them. The blue arch looks good too. ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dave Shepard

Cool! That looks like Logrite blue to me.

I like your signature. :D :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Left Coast Chris

Cool Weldrite........... love the rover.  Lots of character.   Hows your brakes and top end speed?......just curious....... had a friend with one a long time ago and the brakes were always a challenge.  It just spells "adventure" though!
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Weldrite

Chris, the  Brakes are great when the truck is empty.  Pulling a trailer or loaded down you just leave a little room...  As for top speed, she's a little sick right now and will only hold 60-65 on the highway.  When she's running good she will hold 75mph :o.  Still I would rather have her in 4 low doing about 2mph through the woods any day.  She's a great truck, real simple, fun, reliable, and a great reason to relax with a cold one and a wrench in the shop  8).

Cheers, Ryan
A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone.

semologger

whats the deminsions on that rig. like wheelbase, width? i have a chevy tacker and its small like yours and will go around the woods like a 4 wheeler. i love those little rigs. i got it stuck last week anly because it bottomed out.

very nice

slowzuki

Tracker is a Vitara in UK, just for translation.

sawguy21

L/R had an 88 (" wheelbase) which is what weldrite has and a 109 (inch wheelbase). I remember having fun pulling an engine using Whitworth wrenches.  ::) I think one had to be British to really appreciate them. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!